• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do 120, maybe 125. I weigh 145 and bench 200

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

At 11:30 last night I got it up to 130! :lol:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

you know, i'm amazed by how many people go for quantity and not quality in their pushups. i can only do about 15 in a row right now, but they're on my knuckles and i get my chin to the floor every time.

most people seem to stop at about 90 degrees and don't get the full range of motion - they can do 3 or 4 times as many as me, but i don't think they're getting as much benefit. i once challenged one of those types to do 15 like i do, and he really struggled with it. if i do sloppy ones, i can crank out 60 or so without a problem.

Yeah for my blackbelt test we had to do 100 pushups, I can probably do that amount with my arms only going to 90 degrees. But for the test that day we had to get our chin to the ground every time, let me tell you what those 2-3 inches make an incredible amount of difference in exhaustion. It wasn't my pecs that were hurting, it was my abs and my shoulders. My abs hurt from keeping my body straight that entire time, and my shoulders hurt because the muscles are stretched when you have to go that far. But I'd probably say on a good day I'd be able to get about 70-80 good push ups in (that's nose to the ground).