• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

3 months Till Black Belt Test ideas needed

Looneyas

I Need some Ideas on how to get ready for my Black Belt Test in 3 months.

From my last grading i need work on my Fitness so Here is what i plan

Everyday skipping for 2 minutes then patterns 10th Kup to 1st Kup so thats 10 x 2 minute skipping with the pattern as the break.

I will be doing that every day at lunch time at work and I will cont... my normal training. Everyday

I worked it out i Train 20 Hrs a week including Dojo Training.

I need to get my fitness level up high in 3 months and only time is at my 30 minute luch time as my other times are for strength and flexibility plus Perfecting my basics...

AnyInfo would be Great :D

Learn and u shall Teach

Teach and you shall learn,

https://www.southpacifictkd.com.au

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can you sqeeze in running? Some schools make the BB's run for their test.

If your school is like mine, we have to spar/grapple (I forget how many matches, but it's pretty intense). So I would work on endurance.

Working on forms everyday is good too. What my boyfriend did before he tested for his brown was, he picked one form to work on for a week (that includes technique, ect), then he'd move on to the next one. When he got close to his test, he'd run through all of them every other day. Plus I'd help him by calling out a form in random order (in order was too easy for him).

Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

You have three months....hmmm....this idea might work. I did it for mine with about four-five months and still had time to spare and it seemed to work well. For about a month I went into a bulking program where I gained about 15-20 pounds and trained my a#% off (weight training, sparring, running 3 miles everyday, etc.) while still trying to maintain the weight I was at by eating a lot. After i became comfortable at that weight at about 1.5 months I then went on a diet and exercise program to lose the weight, I lost the 20 pounds I gained and found hidden layers of muscle that I never knew I had. It worked out great. On my test I had to do 100 pushups and 200 sit-ups and they went by fine. I had to run 3 miles and that was a breeze, because my body was so used to doing it already with an extra 20 pounds on it was literally taking the weight off my shoulders. Also, find out what the test consists of and train by doing it over and over. If you're training for a marathon it is not in your best interest to be swimming every day. Train only necessary muscle and don't worry about the rest, it will only slow you down. And good luck to ya.

I wish i could put on weight like that I have 5% body fat im ripped but my fitness is the problem and running is out due to area im in. So i will intentify my skipping.

Im glad i dont need to run 3 miles but i can do 500 sit up and 200 push ups so strength isnt a issue with me.

The pattern idea i love 1 week per pattern not a bad idea at all.

Thanks for the advice

Learn and u shall Teach

Don't run too much. It's of no use to you in martial arts, but great if you are a triathlete or marathon runner. To increase your anaerobic endurance, shadowbox, shadow kick, and shadow block. Always move, and make sure that your intensity level is high. Do it in three minute rounds. Or do more sparring in the dojo, preferrably against partners who wish to go full tilt (do not read full-contact, injuries are no good for grading). Whatever you do, make sure it is not aerobic endurance that you are building. Anaerobic endurance is the key.

Evander Holyfield rocked the boxing world when he stopped all roadwork for his title bout against Buster Douglas, and took up weights and plyometric training. At the weigh in, he was ripped and jaws dropped. The dinosaurs of boxing thought that he was too musclebound to fight. Ha ha... ideas have changed since then. Focus on explosive stuff, and you will see an improvement in a matter of weeks.

Whatever you do, make sure it is not aerobic endurance that you are building. Anaerobic endurance is the key.

Yep that i agree i training to get my heart rate down fast as now im skipping for 2 minutes 30 sec break for 30 minutes. After a while ill increase that to shorter breaks.

Thanks again for the input

Learn and u shall Teach

• 2 weeks later...

"Everyday skipping for 2 minutes then patterns 10th Kup to 1st Kup so thats 10 x 2 minute skipping with the pattern as the break"

Skipping ??? Are you serious, I hope you mean jumping rope.

2 min of skipping followed by, 3 min of ring around the rosy, and 4 min of pattycake. This training will give you what you need to become a master

....a pokemon master

:lol: :lol: :evil:

In my past life I slayed hundreds

and the life before that

they played trumpets to warn you that I was coming.

Ask other black belts in your club and your instructor what is required, and work towards those recommendations.

Having said that, it’s almost guaranteed that there’ll be a part in your grading that you’ll be asked to explain or perform something that you haven’t trained/studied for.

You’ll not necessarily be judged by the standard of others, but moreover your ability to adapt and willingness to give your 110% on the day/s.

After all, your examining instructor/s already know what you can do (else you wouldn’t have been asked to grade), they are more likely after what and how you will react to something you don’t know.

Good luck on the day/s,

BTW, I knew what you meant by skipping, it’s just other’s haven’t come to grip with the Australian language having the problem :-) .

Respectfully,

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do