• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hip replacments and your progress

Hello just a question does anyone else have a double hip replacment and still practicing karate? Would love to here how you are making out with them

My question is I feel as though my body is not connected (lol it really is not connected)

But how do you feel now them from when you had your real hips

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I might not have had a Hip Replacement (so no double), but have worked with many people who have. They have continued training with some modifications.

I asked them your question yesterday, they were saying that when they restarted that finding how to move and engaging everything felt weird.

But they did say that they were under strict instructions to work closely with the physician (who is also a Karateka) and a couple of our senior instructors who are qualified to work with those with special conditions in the health industry.

That's interesting thanks for the info I feel weaker in my stances I know before I felt very grounded before now not as much mabey it is all in my head

hahaha how else do you think your going to know what is going on?

but seriously though, not only are you having to retrain your muscles that have different attachment points with something inorganic.

Also you are having to do a whole lot of proprioceptive training to get used to them anyway. but also then some for your training.

I use this acronym with my clients; DBAD when it comes to training post-op or even in general training when you haven't had surgery. It stands for Don't Be A Dummy. Which just means train smart and listen to your body

That's interesting thanks for the info I feel weaker in my stances I know before I felt very grounded before now not as much mabey it is all in my head

hahaha how else do you think your going to know what is going on?

but seriously though, not only are you having to retrain your muscles that have different attachment points with something inorganic.

Also you are having to do a whole lot of proprioceptive training to get used to them anyway. but also then some for your training.

I use this acronym with my clients; DBAD when it comes to training post-op or even in general training when you haven't had surgery. It stands for Don't Be A Dummy. Which just means train smart and listen to your body

That's good training advise at any age!