• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2020 New Years Resolutions

Its the start of not just a new year but a new decade!

Does anyone have any goals or resolutions for this year?

I want to work on me this year as have neglected my own fitness and training for too long. On paper I'm eligible to grade again and whilst I'm not testing any time soon, it has made me think about what I'm doing physically and its nowhere near the level I want to be. So that said my goals are:

1. work back up to doing 10km runs, running at least 2 times a week

2. be more consistent with my flexibility and take time every day to stretch

Then 3. is hopefully secure a full time venue (tenatively in talks at the moment!)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, a lot of my world is hinging on getting a house sold and moving to a new one, at the moment. Provided that happens, though:

1. Get back to working on my fitness, as best I can while dealing with Ehler-Danlos Syndrome

2. Open my dojo in my new city of residence

3. Continue to refine my practical-focused karate curriculum for that dojo

4. Train with various instructors in several styles, including Shorin-Ryu, Goju-Ryu, and Uechi-Ryu (already going to hit KishimotoDi when my instructor comes out for a seminar next month)

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

1. Pretty obvious, pass my shodan grading......

2. Try and get some bucket list stuff done after June.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

1) Defeat Prostate Cancer.

2) Re-lose weight; getting that back on track, and stay on track this time no matter what.

I believe that with those two, my plate's full enough for 2020.

:idea:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

2) Re-lose weight; getting that back on track, and stay on track this time no matter what.

sensei8, good luck on your #1 goal. I will be sending you positive energy, prayers, and blessings.

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

sensei8, good luck on your #1 goal. I will be sending you positive energy, prayers, and blessings.

Thank you, Fat Cobra; I appreciate that, and need that!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I have few things that I would like to do this year. But as I am getting folder and have a child now it gets hard to find time for everyting.

First of all I would like to takie part in at least one tournament. Getting A medal would be great too but I want to at least give my all and feel satisfied.

Second thing I would like to achieve would be getting black belt.

I also plan to start my experiment this year. I will go to as many different dojos and schools and take their free lessons. Maybe I'll write a blog about my experiences.

A style is just a name.

• 1 month later...

I'm normally a big fan of setting new year goals and all that, but this year is a pretty big year for me outside the dojo as I have my first baby on the way! very exciting times!

That being said I did set myself a few planning goals:

1. looking for a new venue to expand my club into a second location (this was only to prepare and maybe by the end of the year think about opening the class) However, things escalated quickly and I actually opened the new class this week!

2. re-visit our clubs children's program and plan to open a kids class (again only planning stages with the idea it could happen by the end of the year) However due to a big interest this is actually happening later this month!

3. Grade to my Yondan

So looks like I'm off to a great start in relation to my goals, already checking of the first and second goals just need to focus on the third now...

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

Congrats ashworth!

Always love to see this thread pop up each year. :) Thanks Danielle!