Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I've noticed that the attendance for A's home games are already dwindled to near nothing. Many A's fans are discussed through and through. As I've stated before, I'm not an A's fan and could care less what they do across the board. I just want to see my Yankees play here in Las Vegas; easier than traveling to see my Yankees play.

GO YANKEES!!

I thought that the A's leaving could increase attendance as a farewell this season, but the fans are so fed up with ownership that attendance might drop even further. I don't blame them, ownership ruined that team. I wouldn't spend a penny on them either. I am a full believer in being a bandwagon fan, no reason to give my time and money to some millionaires and billionaires who are not providing a decent product. I root for the same teams, but I don't put time or money into them when they stink year after year,

Yeah, I can easily see why the A's decided to move to a Triple A venue next season. I doubt that the A's will be able to fill that venue either. The A's don't sell out at the Triple A venue here in Las Vegas, The Aviators, whenever they play here. Btw, the A's already lose a lot whenever they're here in Las Vegas during the few games they play here during the MLB pre-season.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
I've noticed that the attendance for A's home games are already dwindled to near nothing. Many A's fans are discussed through and through. As I've stated before, I'm not an A's fan and could care less what they do across the board. I just want to see my Yankees play here in Las Vegas; easier than traveling to see my Yankees play.

GO YANKEES!!

I thought that the A's leaving could increase attendance as a farewell this season, but the fans are so fed up with ownership that attendance might drop even further. I don't blame them, ownership ruined that team. I wouldn't spend a penny on them either. I am a full believer in being a bandwagon fan, no reason to give my time and money to some millionaires and billionaires who are not providing a decent product. I root for the same teams, but I don't put time or money into them when they stink year after year,

Yeah, I can easily see why the A's decided to move to a Triple A venue next season. I doubt that the A's will be able to fill that venue either. The A's don't sell out at the Triple A venue here in Las Vegas, The Aviators, whenever they play here. Btw, the A's already lose a lot whenever they're here in Las Vegas during the few games they play here during the MLB pre-season.

I'd imagine the new stadium would sell tickets just based on interest in seeing it, and because many Vegas residents are transplants who will go to see their team, the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, ect. From what I hear at Raiders games about half the fans are cheering for the visitors. I would expect that to be the case when the A's arrive.

Voters in Kansas City recently voted down a proposal to stick taxpayers with money for a new Royals stadium, so maybe the trend of taxpayer funded stadiums will start to die out.

What happened in Minnesota was that taxpayers did not want to pay for a new stadium, but the Vikings owner threatened to move the team to Los Angles (this was back in 2010 when LA did not have a team) and the governor supported keeping the team and the taxpayers got stuck paying hundreds of millions of dollars for the new stadium. Now that the Royals stadium funding was voted down, I'd expect the team either to threaten to move or to shake down the elected officials and find a way to stick the taxpayers with paying for at least part of the new stadium. That is how it often happens. Only a handful of NFL stadiums are funded exclusively with private money. I am not sure what it is for baseball, I doubt it is much different.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marlins Yankees games on Monday had to be moved to a different time because of the eclipse. The Yankees won 7-0. The Marlins are 1-10, the worst start in MLB this year and it ties them for the worst 11 game start in team history with the 1998 Marlins who lost 108 games (their 0-9 start was the worst in team history through nine games). The 1997 Marlins (then Florida Marlins) won the World Series after spending a lot of money on free agents, but the owner did a fire sale after the seasons because the team lost 80 million dollars. They became the first and I believe still only team in MLB history to win the World Series then lose over 100 games the following season.

Miami snuck into the playoffs last year only to be humiliated by Philadelphia.

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been to the Sky Dome in Toronto and stayed in the hotel there? I guess there is a hotel room in the stadium that you can watch the game out the window. Interesting. Looks like a great experience.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
KarateKen wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

GO YANKEES!!

I'd imagine the new stadium would sell tickets just based on interest in seeing it, and because many Vegas residents are transplants who will go to see their team, the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, ect. From what I hear at Raiders games about half the fans are cheering for the visitors. I would expect that to be the case when the A's arrive.

Voters in Kansas City recently voted down a proposal to stick taxpayers with money for a new Royals stadium, so maybe the trend of taxpayer funded stadiums will start to die out.

What happened in Minnesota was that taxpayers did not want to pay for a new stadium, but the Vikings owner threatened to move the team to Los Angles (this was back in 2010 when LA did not have a team) and the governor supported keeping the team and the taxpayers got stuck paying hundreds of millions of dollars for the new stadium. Now that the Royals stadium funding was voted down, I'd expect the team either to threaten to move or to shake down the elected officials and find a way to stick the taxpayers with paying for at least part of the new stadium. That is how it often happens. Only a handful of NFL stadiums are funded exclusively with private money. I am not sure what it is for baseball, I doubt it is much different.

As someone in the UK i always find the taxpayer funded stadiums in the USA staggering for the spiritual home of capitalism.

The large football (soccer) teams over here all have to pay for their stadiums themselves and the government wouldn't dare part fund one of them. The English club tottenham built a £1bn stadium (i think it was that!) and it was all self funded, so it isn't as if they are building bargain basement stadiums.

Much as i am not a Jerry Jones fan i always had respect for the fact that he financed the new Cowboys stadium himself. I don't see how billionaires, running multi billion dollar companies are entitled to state aid for their stadia, but maybe thats just me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: