Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest -- most of the times I watch the super bowl for the commercials. Granted, the game is fun and everything, but I rarely have much invested in either team. Now my wife and I do have an agreement -- if the Steelers are ever in the Super Bowl, I have to cheer for them. Likewise, anytime the Blues play (NHL hockey), she has to cheer for them.

This year I ended up going to Costco a few weeks ago and picked up a few packs of chicken wings and will be making those along with some sides. 2 years ago we tried (pre-ordering) from Buffalo Wild Wings, and that was an utter disaster. They had no concept of how many orders their kitchen could handle, and I ended up just cancelling my order after waiting an entire hour past my pickup time.

FYI, Alton Brown has an awesome Chicken Wing recipe that's really easy to make:
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For years and years, maybe 20 years, I would always eat pizza during the game, however the last couple years I have not. It has been buffalo wings, steak, French fries, the last two years. I don't have any food plans as of this writing, but maybe it is time to bring pizza back. Oh, how I love pizza

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KANSIS CITY CHIEFS WITH SUPER BOWL 58!!

What a game that was in Las Vegas at the Allegient Stadium for Super Bowl 58 against the San Fransisco 49ers. A nail-biting game if I ever saw one.

Chiefs win 25-22 in OT over the 49ers.

This game would've gone to the 49ers in OT under the old OT rules. Because of the new OT rules both teams have a chance with the ball. 49ers scored first in OT with a Moody field goal, and again, in the old OT rules, the 49ers would've won SB 58.

Mahomes knows how to win...that's for sure. With less than 10 seconds in OT, Mahomes connects with Hardman with a three-yard TD pass to win the SB 58.

Chiefs didn't get on the board until right before the end of the 2nd quarter. 49ers controlled the line of scrimmage with such dominance against the Chiefs.

1st quarter was scoreless. 2nd quarter ended with the 49ers 10, Chiefs 3. 3rd quarter ended it was 49ers 10, Chiefs 13 with the Chiefs scoring a field goal and a TD, but the 49ers were scoreless in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter ended with tie score of 19 a piece.

49ers in OT drove to score a field goal and the Chiefs drove to the winning TD. Again, new OT rules helped the Chiefs because if the old OT rules were still in effect, 49ers would've hosted up the Vince Lombardi Trophy instead of the Chiefs.

Both teams fought hard to the end. OT's don't happen much in the SB's at all. Last time there was OT in the SSB was in SB51 with the Patriots win over the Falcons.

I got to tell you that 3 times I told my wife that this game is over for the Chiefs. I mean, both teams had their share of problems on both sides of the ball. However, it seemed that towards the end, and in OT, that the management of the clock was favoring the 49ers but boy was I dead wrong because just when I thought that the SB win was over for the Chiefs, they kept finding ways to fight their way back into the game.

Predictions favored the 49ers by 2 points, but like I said in a earlier post of mine, predictions have a funny way to change any predictions at the games end.

This is my SB 58 recap in a nutshell.

Travis Kelce was rumored that this was going to be his very last game. However, Travis said, when he was asked that very question, during the trophy ceremony, Travis said "I'll see you all next year" indicating that he wants to win a 3-Peat. 3-Peats are harder to win than back-2-backs, and back-2-backs aren't that easy.

But here we are...Chiefs won back-2-back SB's tonight. Congrats to the Chiefs for winning the Super Bowl 58.

Oh yeah, there were 2 streakers during the 3rd quarter.

GP CHIEFS!!

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
KANSIS CITY CHIEFS WITH SUPER BOWL 58!!

What a game that was in Las Vegas at the Allegient Stadium for Super Bowl 58 against the San Fransisco 49ers. A nail-biting game if I ever saw one.

Chiefs win 25-22 in OT over the 49ers.

This game would've gone to the 49ers in OT under the old OT rules. Because of the new OT rules both teams have a chance with the ball. 49ers scored first in OT with a Moody field goal, and again, in the old OT rules, the 49ers would've won SB 58.

Mahomes knows how to win...that's for sure. With less than 10 seconds in OT, Mahomes connects with Hardman with a three-yard TD pass to win the SB 58.

Chiefs didn't get on the board until right before the end of the 2nd quarter. 49ers controlled the line of scrimmage with such dominance against the Chiefs.

1st quarter was scoreless. 2nd quarter ended with the 49ers 10, Chiefs 3. 3rd quarter ended it was 49ers 10, Chiefs 13 with the Chiefs scoring a field goal and a TD, but the 49ers were scoreless in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter ended with tie score of 19 a piece.

49ers in OT drove to score a field goal and the Chiefs drove to the winning TD. Again, new OT rules helped the Chiefs because if the old OT rules were still in effect, 49ers would've hosted up the Vince Lombardi Trophy instead of the Chiefs.

Both teams fought hard to the end. OT's don't happen much in the SB's at all. Last time there was OT in the SSB was in SB51 with the Patriots win over the Falcons.

I got to tell you that 3 times I told my wife that this game is over for the Chiefs. I mean, both teams had their share of problems on both sides of the ball. However, it seemed that towards the end, and in OT, that the management of the clock was favoring the 49ers but boy was I dead wrong because just when I thought that the SB win was over for the Chiefs, they kept finding ways to fight their way back into the game.

Predictions favored the 49ers by 2 points, but like I said in a earlier post of mine, predictions have a funny way to change any predictions at the games end.

This is my SB 58 recap in a nutshell.

Travis Kelce was rumored that this was going to be his very last game. However, Travis said, when he was asked that very question, during the trophy ceremony, Travis said "I'll see you all next year" indicating that he wants to win a 3-Peat. 3-Peats are harder to win than back-2-backs, and back-2-backs aren't that easy.

But here we are...Chiefs won back-2-back SB's tonight. Congrats to the Chiefs for winning the Super Bowl 58.

Oh yeah, there were 2 streakers during the 3rd quarter.

GP CHIEFS!!

Looks like someone had a few drinks at the Super Bowl party Glad you enjoyed the game.

I ate pizza, nachos, and s'mores, but there were plenty of other options to go around. Great food and ended up being an exciting game. Mahomes is now a top 5 QB all time (maybe higher) and I assume will continue to get better and win games in the NFL for a long time. That guy is a heartbreaker. Just when it looks like you have him beat, he will rip your heart in two. Excellent game that could have gone either way.

From everything I hear Las Vegas was an outstanding host city and everyone seemed to have hopes that the Super Bowl will be back in Vegas someday. I imagine it will become one of the prime destinations for the big game.

I didn't bet anything this year, not even the coin toss. I'm not sure if I am ahead or behind on my coin toss bets over the years but I feel I'm about 50/50.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent game, finished 4am for me but didn't regret staying up for it!

That first half was the most dominant 10-3 i have seen in ages from the niners. Just felt like they were on top and i said to my brother in law at the half that i had a feeling they had blown it by not scoring more when on top.

Chris Jones made some play at the end to keep the niners to a FG in overtime.

Superb game though. Felt really sorry for Greenlaw blowing out his achilles running onto the field. When they showed it at first i thought they were winding him up about tripping on way onto the field then it became apparent that he was actually hurt.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game! I was pacing to start the fourth quarter. So much anxiety the whole way through. So many ups and downs.

Up - McCaffery fumbles on the Niner's opening drive.
Down - Chiefs fail to capitalize on it.

Up - Huge reception by Hardman to set up a scoring opportunity.
Down - Pacheco fumbles on the next play.

Just to name a few. That punt muff by the Niner's sure seemed like the turning point of the game. KC defense stayed just as solid as it had all year. Spags has been so awesome at calling the defense, and he get the most out of his players. Chris Jones is a game wrecker, and George Karlaftis is really getting good.

Patrick Mahomes is inevitable. A fourth quarter drive to tie the game, and then a game-winning touchdown drive as the first OT period wound down....just amazing. I never thought I'd see something like this as a KC fan. I'm going to enjoy this ride until long after it's over.

Now, with the offseason looming, KC has a lot of work to do. They have to figure out how to re-sign Chris Jones, Lajarius Sneed (who should have been an all-pro this year), and Willie Gay Jr. The first two will be asking for, and are worth, top dollar at their positions. I really don't know that KC can retain both of them. I believe Donovan Smith is also a free agent.

Welcome back Mecole Hardman! He was pretty absent during the portion of the regular season that he was in KC, but he really showed up in the Super Bowl. Happy for him.

I couldn't believe what happened to Greenlaw on the sidelines. What a crazy freak injury. Hopefully he gets back to full health for the start of next season.

Nick Allegereti, KC's backup left guard, also suffered a UCL (elbow ligament) injury in the second quarter, but was able to continue to play the game. After the game, they confirmed it was a full tear. What a trooper! He played very well in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.

Finally, KC has become the first team to go back-to-back since the 03-04 Patriots, which is incredible. It would be incredible to see a three-peat, but that hasn't been done yet in the NFL. If anyone is going to pull it off, I'd bet on Mahomes to do it. However, there was also like a 10 year gap between Brady's third Super Bowl title and his fourth; the NFL is a funny place to live.

Back to work next season, and I can't wait. What a crazy ride this year.

Anyone going to be checking out the UFL spring league?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great through post, Brian. I'm not much of a follower of the UFL spring league. I suppose I'm an NFL kind of guy in heart.

GO CHIEFS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll try to watch it. I watched the XFL more last season than I did the USFL; I thought it was better quality, and I liked the rules innovations they had made. I hope the new combined league keeps most of these new rules. My son and I watched the XFL Championship last season, and it was pretty entertaining. It's not the NFL, but it'll do until the NFL and college football start back up.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the UFL ever played an exhibition game with any NFL team??

I thought it interesting that the merged XFL-USFL spring football league will be known as the UFL. Hope that works for all concerned.

I tried to watch the XFL once but sooner instead of later, I didn't make it through to many games before I abandoned watching XFL completely.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the cap is going to be a hurdle but if i was being brutal i think that there would be other cb's available who would be less of a drop off from Snead than DL from Jones. He reminded me of Aaron Donald this season in his ability to totally wreck an offence almost singlehandedly. To me he looks like at the end of his career he will be a clear first ballot HoF so if i had to pick one of the two it would be him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100
Jump to: