• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how long is your class?

IMO, any class an hour or less is a waste. you don't get to do much. My bjj classes are 2.5 hours, but sometimes we stay longer.My judo classes are 2 hours, but sometimes we stay longer. the muay thai classes are 1.5 hours.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My karate classes are about 1 hour long, but about half the time they do not end on time. Even when they do, most people stay after for between 10 to 30 minutes to train more on their own. Sometimes, I and some others come 1/2 hour or more earlier and work out while waiting in the wings for the last kids' class to wind up. Thus I probably spend about 1.25 to 1.5 h on training every dojo visit.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

When I was younger they were several hours.(4-5) Now, I no longer am young or a student. When I taught the classes where for 2-3 hours. Now, however, my personal training is my 'class' time and that is usually an hour or two a day.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is 2 hours, plus another hour for fighting class where we learn how to fight. The hour class after is much harder than the first two hours!

tokin' chokin' chillin'

PRIDE! OKINAWA PRIDE!

I do about 2.5 - 3 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday and 1.5 hours on Thursday. Mind you, that's only because I do two classes on Monday. It always seems like a good idea at the time but after the first hour or so...

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Classes at my dojo are one and a half hours, but we very rarely finish on time, we always seem to run over! It would be much simpler if my sensei just said the classes were 'officially' 2 hours long, because that's what they practically are. We have Shotokan classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and occasional Saturdays and my sensei holds his freestyle self-defence class on a Thursday.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

As I said in other topic, I can train five times a week, two hours per day. But sometimes I only train 1h 30 m.... sometimes I get to tired!!!

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water...

Our classes last 55 minutes to and hour it depends. The Jr. and Super jr. Classes run 45 minutes long for some reason and I take at least 3 to 4 times a week but I have 5 times a week I can take! I also go for a private lesson, where that is only you and your instructor and you work on your form or sparring. And our classes you work the whole time you don't sit around and chit chat with the other people. You go in the school and then you get dressed (if your not) then you do your form a couple of times then warm up by yourself, then we are ready to begin class by then.

Sarah

Traninee Instructor

At Newton's Tae Kwon Do Plus

3rd Degree Black belt

South Carolina