• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First time sparring: broken ribs or normal pain ?

goedikey

Hello,

Two days ago, my Sensei made a little fight at the end of our class.

I was chosen and it was my first time.

My partner hit me on the right of my chest but didnt feel anything at the time.

But now I am hurt.

I can breathe, move my arms and torso no problem and get by my day too.

There is considerable pain when pressing the area with my palm, when pulling my shoulders in the back or when breathing in at maximum.. I have never felt this before.

There is obvilously something happening there.. Should I cinsult a doctor or is this regular stuff and will heal itself ?

Thanks for your help

It is especially

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt if you have anything broken..those ribs are pretty tough. More likely they just got bruised a bit...and welcome to the wonderful world of sparring!

:lol:

Bumps and bruises are a part of training. Your sensei should have told you that the day you joined. It teaches you taht you need to learn to block, but also teaches you to accept the contact and keep on going. Why? Because on the street, an attacker isn't going to say.."Oh, did I hurt you? sorry, I'll stop now." You just have to suck it in, dig down deep and keep going.

And no, I'm not calling you a cry baby, just explaining that bumps and bruises are going to happen.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

A friend of mine is deallign with the same problem, and have been for a week end. It is just a brused rib. Hard to breatth deep, but there should be no serous damage. Just ice it, and take some ibuprofen.

I bruised a few of my ribs when the scaffolding I was standing on (2nd story height) collapsed and fell sideways like a falling tree. I had my arm in a sling (great chick magnet BTW) for a week, and yes, it hurt to move and take deep breaths.

And like Tombstoen says, you'd know it if they were broken. You'd feel them move, and it wouldn't just be pain..it would be PAIN! :bawling:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Unless you punctured a lung, doctors won't do anything, even if you did break some ribs.

You'd know if you punctured a lung. My advice is to just take it a little easy.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Im a beginner, very much so...

Although at my school we have what we call a "fighting class" where, we devide in age, and sometimes teams...and we fight for points.

It was my 3rd fighting class, and I got a nice roundhouse kick onto my eye from a dan, who was a good bit older than me as well.

Didn't really hurt, but I still won.

War and anger shall reign

The clash of iron can be heard

By blindness you're driven insane

I'm lost in anguish and grief