• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sweaty Armpits

Neil

Hi,

This is not anything to do with training, I have sweaty armpits even when I don't do anything! I shower in the morning use loads and loads of anti-perspirany but nothing works! Its just ambarrasing, I find myself always having to have mu elbows by my side all the time so people can't see the sweat patches. Anyone have this problem and is there a way to get rid or control this?

thanks,

Neil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you where an undershirt? Go to walmart and get a 3 pack of white under-tees for like a buck. And it looks nice, too. Wear one of those under you other shirt, that should help things. And/or you can just wear dark clothing.

Anti-perspirant is real a waste of time. Half the time it doesnt't work, and if it does, it is unhealthly! Sweating is natural no need to stop sweat. It is the oder you need to worry about! It is called deoderant for a reason. Behind, those brown saints on your white shirts that stay even after you shirt is dry, that is caused by the deoderant, not the sweat. Like I siad, just where the white undershirts and some Axe or something, it would work wonders.

I had the same problem some years ago. I did only wear black and white clothes. But it disappeared when I got older.
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

I was hoping some peorple were gonna metion some pschological things. For example last week on one particular day I had not a sweat patch in site for the whole day. Funny enough that day I decided before I left the house that I was NOT going to sweat. I went early to school so I was not in a rush as usual and could walk very slowly without getting a sweat up, and I kept this very strong image in mind that I will not sweat. And I didn't unfortunately all the days after I'v been late but I'm goona start again tommorow doing that. Another theory of mine was maybe its due to the muscle mass I'v got around my triceps and lats since rubbing together causes friction which causes heat! Although its most definately a phscological thing, or I'v simply got high temperetaue for somewhere.

thanks anyway so far, anymore comments would be very helpful

I don't have sweat problems that are just under my arms, I drip in sweat even from my face when I am having a good class.

Wearing an undershirt just makes me hotter, but I admit I have some trouble with keeping the stains on the underarms from building up.

A user here suggested Zout for this and it worked. Also a weak warm water and vinegar solution helps too.

Someone once told me I sweat too much because of a high salt diet but I don't believe this.

I think it is just a genetic thing.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it´s gotta be a genetic thing, because in my dojo there are two twins, both over 40 years, that always are very sweaty after the training, even if it´s not heavy at all.
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

neil - go see your doctor! i sweat excessively too and i use a prescription antiperspirant now. it worked immediately and i only have to apply it about once a week now. antiperspirants are not "unhealthy" as some people say. it's not like you're stopping your whole body from cooling itself just by using it on your underarms. it's easy to condemn the stuff when you don't know what it's like to be embarassed about moving your arms more than 2 inches away from your body. and the dry cleaning bills - don't even get me started! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My boss had the same problem, and he told me his doctor gave him some medication.

He doesn't sweat through his shirt anymore, so something must be working!

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke