• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone know whats this is called?

KaratekaAikidoist

Actually, i think it happens fairly frequently. I don't think that Instructors advertise for this, but you have to know your Instructor well first. My cousin and uncle had their Instructor stay with them for about a year. He would teach them 6 days a week and in return they fed him and let him live with them.

I did see an advertisement in a Black Belt magazine once for a Ninja camp somewhere in California that cost like $2000 and you lived with the Instructor.

I've never done it, but if i didn't have a family, i would jump on the opportunity.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time they dont actually live in their instructors house. Most dojo with uchi deshi have small rooms, real small, built on for them to sleep. They dont have to clean the dojo that is left to the kyu ranks. They teach most of the classes though. If your "uchi deshi" you are expected to be the best and toughest one there.

Actually, i think it happens fairly frequently. I don't think that Instructors advertise for this, but you have to know your Instructor well first. My cousin and uncle had their Instructor stay with them for about a year. He would teach them 6 days a week and in return they fed him and let him live with them.

I did see an advertisement in a Black Belt magazine once for a Ninja camp somewhere in California that cost like $2000 and you lived with the Instructor.

I've never done it, but if i didn't have a family, i would jump on the opportunity.

sounds like a sweet deal.......for the instructor :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

My karate instructor is a sweet and lovely man but he is also the untidiest and most forgetful person on the planet.

He once went on holiday for a week and got back to discover he'd left both the electric oven AND the iron on. Another time he was cooking some food in a wok, went into another room to do something and forgot about the food. He then went out and came back about an hour later to find that his next door neighbour had called the fire brigade because Sensei's kitchen was full of smoke. :roll:

I'd hate to think of the state of my house and the state of my sanity if I had my Sensei living with me! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

It sounds like an apprentice, the Japanese word for that is Minarai

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Does anybody know what its called when a student lives with his instructor. The student cleans up and basically does everything the instructor tells him to in exchange for training. Thanks!

We just had a talk about this in our dojo. Not your style but we do call it a Uchi Deshi.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate