• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2nd attempt at sparring...

This time it was a different story. I actually thought I was doomed.... when I saw my opponent was a 3rd degree black belt who was actually better than the 2nd degree who stomped me the week before. I got my brand new sparring gear that day too. Anyway, I had been working on a strategy.. and it worked for the most part. I've noticed that hardly anyone in my classes gets in close and uses any punches. So i decided to be different from everyone else and use more punches, instead of just repeated kicks. Since everyone is so used to doing to kick trading game I think I through him off guard by rushing in close with punches and then following up with kicks. So this time.. I did ALOT better!!

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I agree with kk1975 sparring blackbelts is always fun. The ones that i've gone up against have always been more than willing to assist or answer any questions. It's always fun when you land something they weren't expecting either and catch them off guard :brow:

good job, i also get my but kicked by black belts and it makes me a better fighter. I love the look on their faces when something unexpected happens to them (like a kick or a punch lands). It's good for everyone!

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder