• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts Pet Names?

The Evil Betty

Shortly after a friend of mine started karate she bought a hamster and named it Kiai. It's a vicious, evil little (bleep), just like my sensei on a bad day... LOL! j/k

Kiai the hamster is now the 'mascot' of Swinton Shotokan Karate Club!!

I own a pair of cockatiels - Heian and Yondan (named after my favourite Heian kata). I had to take Heian to the vets a couple of months ago as he had an eye infection; it was funny to see the look on the receptionists face as I told her his name and then explained whay he was called Heian!!

:karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
my cat never had a ma name but iam sure it practiced nijituse he could seek in th room drink my tea lick the butter of my toast all without beeing seen.it quite funny actualy to watch a cat drink tea head submeged in the cup oblivous your about to pic it up.

let not the fear of death stay your hand nor defeat your courage.The warrior who will provail is the one who confronts death its self

My animals have always had Japanese names for the most part.

Kojiki- the Japanese story of creation; and the rice mold (koji) used to ferment sake

Sake-named from the above of course!

Yoshi-means friend

Ninja

But no martial arts names, yet!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 2 months later...

My dog doesn't have a martial arts related name but i've taught him martial arts techniques. :lol: First I taught him how to high five, or in his case (high paw) I knew if he could raise his arms for a high fives then he could block a gedan mawashi geri. I don't kick hard of course but he blocks every single low kick I throw at him. His name is Oki Keoki.

Oki means "big" in japanese and "keoki" is George in Hawaiian- Translation-- Big George :D

"The true essence of karate, the perfection or ideal for which we strive, cannot be expressed or passed on through the spoken or written word. It is intangible in nature"

Chojun Miyagi

My uncles Rabbit is called 'Running Squirrel, Jumping Butterful' but to my grampa he's floppy (nice and origional)

World famour for idiotography

6th Kyu Wado Ryu

5th Gup Tang Soo Do

1st Dan Origami

• 2 months later...

a ha it is I wolvesofthunder's cat BATMAN

n-e hoo i have a dog named d.ammit

so everytime when i want the dog to come, i say,"come here d.ammit"

• 1 month later...

I dont have any MA names for my pets, but i was thinking about it. If i had a cat, i'd give it a name like Musashi, or Takezo for a dog (Alaskan Huskies are my favorite)

if i had a bird, i'd go with Kojiro, after musashi's rival.

BTW, aefibird, the names heihan and yondan are great!

the lesson is the needle and you are the thread, let this image be in your mind constantly - Musashi