• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone have shaky hands "the shakes" when training

OrenJuMok

Is it normal to have shaky hands during/after a working out? I notice I get the shakes during/after tough workouts, and its a little embarrassing when someone notices. Anyone know what causes the hands to shake? Is it a dehydration thing? Or not getting enough vitamins? I dont drink coffee or anything with caffine so that can be ruled out....

감사합니다.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, you nerves can really get it. WHen you are about to Spar, for people who have never sparred before, it can be a little scary.

Also, you may not be getting enoug hcarbs. You need energy. Eat a banana or 2 before the work out, along with a big glass of water. That should give you a nice dosage of carbs and vitamens to boost you energy levels when you work out.

It'll go away.

My legs use to shake when I started using a CrossTrainer (think thats what it was called) for easy warm ups. Actually your lucky, you can move your hands around and such and people will never notice. What was I suppose to do? Dance? :lol:

I used to get shaky legs and abs when I used to do 3 - 4 km flat out on the treadmill - never noticed it any other time.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

Everyone shakes it a bit embarassing when you sensei see you 1 out of 9 classes it happen.

its not big problem.

i done a round house kick my leg crack and i have trouble walking to school..

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

it could be sleep deprivation as well, as that tends to give you "the shakes". are you getting enough sleep? though it's probably just fatigue and/or nervous-ness, getting more sleep would probably help a bit. :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I have the shaky hand problem too. I would get them after we did these very intense hand target drills in class, which involves punching targets high power for a long time. We usually do these for a couple of weeks after every testing (2 months). The first time we did this drill 3 days in a row and my hands shoke for almost a week. My instructor said that I probably needed more protein. Now I drink about 15-20g of whey protein before I train and that seems to help a bit. :)

"Success comes in cans not cannots." -Unknown

1st degree black belt Taekwondo

15 years old