wrestlingkaratechamp

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, no offense but gangster rap already GOT big again, when noone had even heard of 50 cent. Rap made a big comeback with Eminem, it's presently winding down if anything.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

everyone hateing on rap. Why?

Ummmmm.........cuz it sucks?.......

Just my opinion though. ;)

Edited by kchenault

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Valithor, yes, every generation has had its bad-boys and their tough music. But not every generation has music that preaches killing, drugs, sex, and a general disregard for human dignity--and think they're cool for it... Just my opinion though. I've dealt with plenty of punks. I haven't had that much of a problem with the 50's beboppers than I have with the current bad-a$$ gangstas in their g-rides.... Just another annoyance. But that's my opinion. Everyone is allowed to listen to whatever they want to.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

No warp......What i meant was in the early 90s when this whole East coast West coast thing was going on and Crips and Bloods were raping against each other it died down. Now its back with D block and youngbloodz

....but what about the djs?

once upon a time, the rappers were there to accompany the djs, now the rappers ger more cred...

what's up with that?

what about mix master mike and q-bert???

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

everyone hateing on rap. Why?

Not everyone hates rap, it´s just the people on these forums. You can´t expect martial artists to like that kind of music, we´re more spiritual than that :P .

Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

Mixmaster Mike and Q-bert were in one of the greatest DJ crews of all time: the Invisibl Skratch Piklz. If I recall correctly, each has won the DMC national DJ championship three times respectively. I know Q-bert has anyway. Oh yea, Mixmaster Mike is the current DJ for the Beastie Boys.

I'm not really into gangsta rap. I listen to mostly indie/undreground hip-hop. Hip-hop is much more diverse than commercial radio establishments would lead you to believe. Check out a hip-hop show on a local college radio station, and you'll see what I mean. Hip-hop can be both intelligent and creative.