• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Workout Regimen

monkeygirl

Oh, lunges can be annoying! But they beef up your legs like nobody's bunisses!

They should atleast have some form of pull down, You can even do pull ups on the squat rack if, you have to

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I prefer free weights too.

monkeygirl: You might want to consider splitting up your workouts. Work upper one day and lower another day. You can split it further than that if you want. That way, you can fit more exercises in. Plus, it can be pretty tiring to do upper and lower body on the same day.

Also, you might want to consider finding a partner. It helps to have someone to go with. You can push each other. A partner is almost necessary if you do free weights, especially if you lift heavy like I do.

personally, i like lifting one day, and doing running and other aerobic exercises the next, in an every other sort of order. you should always have a partner, though, for spotting purposes. and yeah, i like that pad thingy where you lift with your back too :) does anyone know what that's called?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

sounds like a roman chair to me.

I hate parnters. They are distractiong I perfere to work along side someone. Different programs, but we work out at the same time, incase we need a spot.

but being distracted is half the fun! lifting usually brings out good conversation, and it's not like you need the concentration of a god to lift anyway.

they may be called roman chairs, but that's not what we call 'em at my school. we have a name for 'em, i just forget what it is. i've always called it the "bendy thingy", what with your bending and all.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

but being distracted is half the fun! lifting usually brings out good conversation, and it's not like you need the concentration of a god to lift anyway.

yeah, that is the problem. It does bring out great converstation, and the better you concentration, the better you lift. If you are focusing like a 6 year old with ADD, you will make similar gains. It you are focusing like a God... well, you get the idea :D

I'm a quiet guy untill someone starts to talk about Lifting or Fighting or some other form of working out. THen I sound like a 3 year old when you ask them about Pokemon. I don't need any one tempting me to take a 20 minute rest to make pointless arguements about muscle pull vs. muscle push or what billy did with Sammy after leaving the club Sunday. :D

It is the ones who go at their training with god-like concentration who win.

Tibby that's very true, IF your goals are god-like.

What I mean is if one is only lifting for crosstraining and not to be mr. America they probably don't need to isolate themselves and lift like mad. Also a lot of folks who lift as a supplementary activity need the motivation of a partner to stick with it. So just because that kind of personal intense training works for you and your goals doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

I know several guys that have made very good gains in the gym but without a partner(in this case me) to help and motivate them they would never have gone back after the first visit.

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

I hate parnters. They are distractiong I perfere to work along side someone. Different programs, but we work out at the same time, incase we need a spot.

Just find someones who is serious about lifting. I lift with a partner, and we have cut our breaks down to a 1 minute. We'll probably cut that down to 45 seconds.

Yea, I'm pretty much dead after these workouts.

You can do Good Mornings instead of Back Extensions (the Roman chair thing). Just put some weight on your shoulders (barbell/dumbbell), stand up straight, and then bend forward keeping your legs straight. Make sure you bend at the hips not the back. This exercise also works your hamstrings, but not fully like the leg curl does.