• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Favorite Book...

mouko_yamamoto

Just what your favorite book is, and why you like it.

Mine is "Three Kingdoms". I'm about 1/3 way through it. I just Love it. I was inspired to read it from playing 'Dynasty Warriors 4', which is based off of this book. I love this book so much my avatar is dedicated to my favorite character, Liu Bei. :karate:

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the honest 100% truth I have only read one entire book in my life. I'm in 12 grade and I'm not a slacker I mean I'm a honor role student but reading books I find boring. I read the Bible and the one book is The Contender. It was pretty good.

there are so many; i can't decide :D i really really like slaughterhouse V by kurt vonnegut, jr., and i'm a big fan of mother night and sirens of titan, also by mr. vonnegut. i also like 1984 by george orwell, and the dead zone by stephen king. i also really enjoyed the shining.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I enjoyed 1984. Very interesting.

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

I like the Lord of the Rings of course, but I really enjoy books by James Byron Huggins. Very action oriented and reads like an action flim. The Reckoning, Leviathan, Cain, Hunter, and A Wolf Story are just to name some. All very good books. Edited by kchenault

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

I read lots of books, especially fantasy. My favourite writer is perhaps Terry Brooks or maybe David Eddings. Does anyone else here read fantasy?
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

oh, kchenault, that reminds me, thomas hobbes' leviathan was also really good. as was utopia by thomas more, which is really interesting if you've read 1984, because a lot of the things that make up mr. orwells "nightmare society" are some of the things that make up sir mores utopia.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I read lots of books, especially fantasy. My favourite writer is perhaps Terry Brooks or maybe David Eddings. Does anyone else here read fantasy?

I have read most of the Terry Brooks books. I am finding that now that I am getting ebooks it is much easier to get all the books in a series.