• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Underweight??

Ironberg

Before I get directly to the point, there is a small bit of history I'd like to clear up. Firstly, before I was 14/15 yrs. I was a poor athlete, and suffered terribly from poor health including asthma, and being a constant bacteria spounge. As I started to slowely work out, and a year later start Tae Kwon Do, my physical condition has improved quite drastically. One problem I've never had, however, is being overweight.

I am at 17.5 years of age (be prepared for a shock .....)

a 6 foot 5 Inch male at --- 150 lbs.

Although I have a measure of strength (I can bench 110% of my weight a 6 reps, and do 280 lb leg extensions, and 80+ pushups, 200 situps), I have very little mass. I eat alot everyday and try to get as much protein as possible. I have a six-pack, but kinda pathetic arms. Is it possible that I have a problem with being underweight? As poor as I am I can't affort a professional dietition or sport-coach on the subject, so that's where you guys come in. In addition, I though that my stats could humor a few people.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

maybe add in a few more carbs into your diet. no matter what i eat, i stick at the same weight unless i dont eat. the only way i can put weight on is constantly drinking beer... which is just way too odd O_o

your weight doesnt seem too much of a problem to me - and seeing the background on this you've given me, you've been naturally light. some people are genetically different to others. make use of what you have :)

6'5", 150...hmm, I was 6'2", 150, so I understand for the most part. You are 17 1/2 you said. In about 5-6 years, you might have to start watching what you eat. They weight slowly starts packing on and becomes harder to burn.

Remember, Muscle burns fat, so maybe you need to take a month or two off, eat, relax, put on a few, ya know?

@ Tombstone:

Maybe you're right. Perhaps I should stop envying people who've got the strength of an ox and have larger muscles.

@ Ben

You've encouranged me to never drink beer (never have, never will), I don't have a problem with carbs either. Maybe it's just the amount of consumption.

@ Newbalance

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going to stop my martial arts training for an entire month unless I become paralyzed by some drunk driver. I'm not losing the little muscle I've worked so hard for.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

If they have a GNC anywhere near your home, I would seriously consider buying some weight gainer 3000. It will help a lot. Or maybe Creatine Monohydrate. Both are perfectly safe and build lbs. of muscle. Most people gain weight as they get older. I was skinny all my life and just now am starting to get a little mass. Despite working out and playing sports. I do admit to taking creatine for about 2 yrs. But seriously, if you're not exagerrating on the 6'5 150 thing, then you're DANGEROUSLY underweight. You could trip and fall and break every single bone in your body!

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

Watching weight is pointless - it's better to watch body fat. You can get scales which measure body fat electronically, or some gyms will offer more accurate methods.

Recommended healthy range for males is 8 to 20% - I'd say if it's less than 6% then you desperately need to build some bulk, if it's over 8% I wouldn't worry.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

Well, after what's happened with a few recalled products, and also advice from a friend or two, my family has sort of a phobia of GNC. We do not really know which products or brands to trust on the matter. I'll admit that I have bought some protein whey from the store which I think is rather safe, but I'm kinda edgy about their other stuff. IN addition, I haven't been able to but protein from there for a long time since I'm really low on the green...

@ wrestlingkaratechamp17

Thanks for the encouragement. However, I recently sparred a guy nigh my height at slightly above average weight (possibly around 180). We sparred for over an hour. My movements were constantly more energetic, while I noticed a slow decline in his.

But, BIG but here, my teeps (MT push kicks) didn't have as much affect as I wanted. My best teep ended up shooting him back maybe one foot. Only my whipping head kicks seemed to do any damage.