• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vegetarianism and MA

karatekid1975

I could never be a vegetarian or a vegan, I dont know how you do it. It seems that cutting out meat makes you have to work extra extra hard to make sure your body gets what it needs. I work hard all day and the last thing I want to do is work out a calculus equation to figure out what I need to eat for dinner. Red meat is bad for you but as long as you eat it only in moderation, and maintain a good exercise regimen, it shouldn't be a problem. Why live your life in fear? I'd rather be a lion for a day, than a lamb that lives forever!

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never be a vegetarian or a vegan, I dont know how you do it. It seems that cutting out meat makes you have to work extra extra hard to make sure your body gets what it needs.

It's not so bad. While I need to think a little to make sure I get enough protein, I have no problem making sure I get enough vitamins, minerals or fibre in my diet, and naturally tend to eat a much lower fat diet than the average meat eater.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

Sorry Laurie, I agree with BlackDragon. :o

I believe in moderation.

Red meat 1x a week

Chicken 2x a week

Fish 1x a week

All with veggies- cooked or salad. (go easy on the potatoes!!!)

1 Day Pizza or Chinese

1 day All veggies & fruits

???????? only 6 Days????

The other is what ever leftovers you have from the rest of the week. :D

Also, lay off the soda, ice cream, cookies, and chips as much as possible.

(except on sundays during football season!!!! :brow: )

Last but not least NO SODA and not too much cheese!!!!

Ive lost a lot of weight this way and kept it off for years. I dont feel like Im missing out on anything either. :D

I prefer behavior modification of lifestyle to actual dieting. :idea:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I still eat pizza! No way I can give that up LOL. And I don't drink soda much anyway, so that wasn't a problem. I hate chicken, and I still eat fish (tuna, salmon, blue fish, ect). I'm not really a sweet eater, except when "that time of the month" hits ..... gggrrrrrrr. I try to control that, though.

Laurie F

I could never be a vegetarian or a vegan, I dont know how you do it. It seems that cutting out meat makes you have to work extra extra hard to make sure your body gets what it needs. I work hard all day and the last thing I want to do is work out a calculus equation to figure out what I need to eat for dinner. Red meat is bad for you but as long as you eat it only in moderation, and maintain a good exercise regimen, it shouldn't be a problem. Why live your life in fear? I'd rather be a lion for a day, than a lamb that lives forever!

You have no idea how easy it really is and how fearless one can be when they feel good all the time. I don't calculate my intake or worry that I don't get enough of anything except rest! It just like any other thing...you get used to it and your body tells you what it needs. And about that lamb thing....never under estimate your opponent :brow: !!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Heidi, I don't eat any meat now, except eggs (that's not meat, but ......) and fish. I do stay with dairy (as much as I can handle, that is)./quote]

Milk is evil!!!!! :P

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Heidi, I don't eat any meat now, except eggs (that's not meat, but ......) and fish. I do stay with dairy (as much as I can handle, that is)./quote]

Milk is evil!!!!! :P

8)

Yes, for me it is, but ....... I guess broccoli would be a good milk subsitute (for calcium)?

Laurie F

I crave sweets at that time too. I usually just go ahead and have them; it's only a day or two and doesn't seem to affect my overall performance that much. What would affect it more, I think, is having my mind on the cookies instead of the kata! :lol: