• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts ads are getting pathetic

I remember not too long ago when the ads were always "learn to defend yourself and never fear again".

Flipping through the yellow pages right now and what I basicly see is "great family fun, make friends, get in shape, and oh yeah we teach self defense sometimes too".

I think alot of places need to get their ads redone. I've visited most of them and they weren't that bad. Some of these ads could have fooled me though.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I remember not too long ago when the ads were always "learn to defend yourself and never fear again".

I think its probably because the Martial Arts community has grown out of that adolescent attitude.

Keep Smiling!

What do you mean "getting" pathetic. They've been cheezy since the earliest I can remember(since the 70's). There hasn't been a time that martial arts ads haven't been cheezy.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

but isn't that a good thing?

i mean, the more people who see that martial arts isn't just about fighting the better.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

martial comes from mars who is the roman god of war so martial means war or warlike and art is being creative or being skilled in so martial arts means being skilled in or being creative in the way you do war or battle...but if that's true then why don't all the martial arts have an eye poke technique? it's creative and effective so why isn't it in martial arts?

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown