• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Conditioning hands

The Red Guy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well, am not sure because my fist is already powerful one blow from me to your solar plexus you'll be on the ground for minutes...am not sure i don't know...

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Take a bucket of sand and punch into it. Work on getting you're max number of medium powered punches up to 500 or 1000, the work on making them harder and harder. This builds the thickness of the skin o you're knuckles. After you can do 500 full power, start working on a makiwara to build the bone strength. Once you master that, find a flexible tree and start hitting that. This requires bone and skin strength.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Good advice with the sand. Be sure to wash your hands after pounding it. No sense in getting an infection.

It sounds like your arms are powerful, but it's a good idea to condition your wrists as you condition your knuckles.

It is my feeling that anyone under the age of 16 s-l-o-w-l-y condition knuckles. The bones are still growing even then and care should be taken, and patience.

"We are all more alike than we are different."

4th dan, WTF Kukkiwon certified

AAU Coach/Referee (oops, not National though!)

USTU Regional Referee (but I have stopped chasing the USTU around for a while)

"One of a kind" instructor...*g*