• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i got a problem

CodyydoC

hey,

i was playin with the dog at a friends house and hit the floor and when i hit it i messed up and hit it with my last knuckle. well as u can tell it really hurt and swole up to about three times its normal size. now its down to about twice as big.

it was making a really fast "recovery" but now its completely stopped.

i cant grip anything tightly and i cant straighten it out without forcing it

if u can tell me what the problem is it would be greatly appreciated

if u can tell me how top fix it i would be even more grateful

Cody

white belt in everything

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i cant get it checked out by a doctor

and thanks for ur reply but i think i just might have jammed it real bad

Cody

white belt in everything

Go to your nearest for treatmen..like you i strect and train alot when it comes to this i recover so fast...i puch trees for hobbie bleeding knukles

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

it stopped again ....i think it stopped for good, its been a couple weeks and it hasnt gone down. it got down to a little less than twice its size. i figured out that i jambed it real bad, and i popped it, and it finally started to go down then it stopped. i've heard of swellings not being treated or put on ice within the first 24 hours and never completely gone down..... :(

little worried because i cant hit anything... not even a soft puching bag.

my question is do any of you have a clue with whats going on with my hand and how to fix it? and if that swelling thing is true.

(p.s. i cant go see a doctor)

Cody

white belt in everything

If you cannot go to a doctor then surely stop hitting anything at all. Your hand could be injured to the point of permanent damage should you continue punching.

I'll admit that I'm curious as to why you cannot see a doctor, but that's your business. Perhaps your instructor's (or others they may know) have seen your particular problem and can at least tell you what is wrong with it?

The "swelling thing" you are talking about sounds like calcification of the knuckles and is one way to develope large knuckles that are even somewhat insensitive to pain. There are safe ways to develope all the striking surfaces of course.

I sincerely suggest you at least seek advice perhaps from a master or grandmaster. (for your hand)

"We are all more alike than we are different."

4th dan, WTF Kukkiwon certified

AAU Coach/Referee (oops, not National though!)

USTU Regional Referee (but I have stopped chasing the USTU around for a while)

"One of a kind" instructor...*g*

I'll admit that I'm curious as to why you cannot see a doctor, but that's your business.

doctors cost money and i dont have any at the moment

The "swelling thing" you are talking about sounds like calcification of the knuckles and is one way to develope large knuckles that are even somewhat insensitive to pain. There are safe ways to develope all the striking surfaces of course.

is that a good thing? and its not really the knuckle itself thats swollen more like the bone directly behind it

I sincerely suggest you at least seek advice perhaps from a master or grandmaster. (for your hand)

i'll try to do that

thanks for ur input

Cody

white belt in everything

You may have a broken hand.

The 5th metacarpal (the bone going from the base of the pinki to the wrist) is often broken when a strike lands on the last knuckle. This happens so often, it is called a boxer's fracture.

I broke it once, and the doctor had to rebreak my hand then set it in a cast so it would heal properly.

I wish you the best on your recovery.