• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bodybuilding & martial arts

AUSSIE

BEING REAL BIG MAY COMPRIMISE YOUR SPEED, BUT TO BE CUT AND FIT WILL DEFINATELY HELP. GETTING TOO BIG ALSO MAKES YOUR HEART WORK HARDER, I KNOW A LOT OF LARGE BODY BUILDERS WHO HAVE HEART PROBLEMS IN THE EARLY 40'S. LOOK AT ARNOLD, REALLY BIG AND STRONG, ALREADY HARD A BYPASS SURGRY. WHAT REAL ADVANTAGE IS BEING BIG? MYSELF, I RATHER BE FIT AND LEAN, THAN BE BIG.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1. Turn the caps lock off

2. Arnold is in his early 50’s

3. Heart problems are caused by drug problems.

4. To tack on to the end of 3, You can’t get REALLY BIG without great genetics, and/or boat loads of steroids.

Rick E. as long as you are lifting weights to get stronger and stay fit along with MA. Then that is good, I was never really a fan of forcing weight on to your body, it will put on as much as it needs to. You CAN get very strong without being huge.

Aussie it sounds like you are worried your two passions will conflict. My advice would be pursue Bodybuilding only, now while you are young. You can be a martial artist at any age!

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

Rick E: hey... look at bruce lee and a lot of really good martial artists. some are old and podgy, some are old and thin. some are middle aged, some are young. some large, some time. bruce lee probably the best example here. making yourself huge is a bad thing - you become too heavy for your bones, in effect. i dont see anything wrong with what you're doing at the moment at all :)

:up:

Rick E .... about the protein powder. Whether you want to get really big, or really lean, or what have you... Taking whey protein is in general nothing but beneficial, I would suggest its use regularly in association with weight lifting

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

If you look at the ufc pride some of the guys are really big. They still have the speed, look at heavyweight boxers, they're big, do weights and look how fast they are.

Vitor belfort, hes probarly the fastest puncher in the ufc and he does weights and such.

Rickson gracie, hes about 185lbs and 5'9 tall he is arguable the best fighter on the planet.

All the top fighters do seem todo weights.

Doing weights will help you with power, and that extra mass should help you from being hit back when sparing. Doing weights doesn't mean you have to slow down or lose flexibility. Just make sure you do some speedtraining after doing weights, if you just do weights and no traing you will slow down.

Have you thought of using creatine, it will let your workouts be more intense. Its a natural substance found in steak, and pretty much all top athletes use it.