• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High sidekicks

The Red Guy

I can side kick well over my head. It takes practice. Lots of practice. It will not happen over night. Make sure your form is good or you will develop muscles for the kick improperly.

An exercise:

Stand next to a wall. Using the wall for support lift your leg into a sidekick. Using your freehand pull under your inner thigh and lift your leg as high as it will go. Hold 10 sec. Slowly lower leg and then repeat 2x's. Do for both legs.

Thanks! But how do I make the pain in the standing leg (thigh) go away?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Time. Take it only as high as pain will allow and hold. Don't overextend. Just raise your leg until you feel the stretch and hold. It just takes time.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Am 170cm and i can esily kick 6 foot without jumping but when i jump i kick over 6'4 easy i can't do splits

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

I am flexible, so I can cheat. I do a straight jump kick and hit a 8.5 ft target hard enough to shatter bamboo.

I say, put forth the time to gain the flexibility.

However, you do not "need" to be able to do the splits to kick high. But it adds something that not being flexible doesn't: further ability.

Whoa baboo i can shatter baboo like you but weraing shoe or my leg will bledd none stop you're strong do you do taekwondo?

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

Nope. I don't do TKD. The bamboo thing is really nothing. I hang a piece in the air about 8.5 ft off the ground. Then I jump kick it. It shatters and flys away. It's not a fighting move by any means. Simply a training exercise. It works some muscles and form that are useful for getting more power in less distance. (If you can jump kick 8.5ft high quickly, how much more so only kicking 6ft?)