• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like a girl at my martial arts schoool !

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without knowing much about your situation, i'd say to put the brakes on and steer clear of starting anything with this girl. romantic relationships in the dojo can get messy. i'm not completely against dating people you train with, but it takes a high level of maturity to deal with the consequences that can result if things don't work out.

dont go there (all examples generally happen not 100% of the time)

1. if she likes you everything becomes lighter and more playful not the hard training you should be doing

2. she doesnt like you and you get upset and blah blah blah

3. if you two were to break up you may not talk and you may lose a good friendship and training partner

4. its just not the greatest idea in general

but as glingglo said if you think you can do it you go for it just except the consequences

i know from my own experience.

DONT DO IT its the worst thing you could do.

Imagine if you split up on bad terms you will not be able to face training with her. If you are serious about your training then dont give her a second thought no matter how much you like her. I know that sounds really harsh but trust me its the best thing you can do, there are millions of girls out there, it wont be so bad if you forget about this one.

It depends. If you're an instructor then there's absolutely no way you should do it. If you're both students, then it depends. The same argument is always said about never dating coworkers. And, as many have already pointed out, the repurcussions of it not working out can be drastic. But at the same time, love conquers all. If she's the right one, then the rest of the advice wouldn't matter, you'd find a way to make it happen. I'd certainly take it slow, see if she feels the safe and go from there. I'd also be careful about displaying too much affection near the dojo. But, if handled properly, it can be fun. There are husband/wife teams at our school (including my instructor and his wife) and it works fine.

I used to flirt a bit with a girl in one of my classes but neither of us would have let it go any further, just an unwritten rule I suppose. Although saying that I know at least two couples who met through our club and are now married.