• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Virus Alert

monkeygirl

My Bulk Mail folder just got bombarded with 20 e-mails from people I don't know, all trying to get me to download a file. I figured it was a virus so I googled it, and sure enough, it is.

Check out this site for more information: http://it.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/security_info/ve_detail.php?VName=WORM_SOBIG.F

I figured since I was being attacked with this, other people might get hit too. Due to the nature of the virus, you won't be infected as long as you DON'T DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED FILE!!

Happy surfing :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing has been happening to me..Fortunatly the virus works in such a nature you have to download the attachement heh..Just delete the mail you think kinda looks suspicious, and don't download anything unless you're sure of what it is..Thanks for posting =P

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

remember.

microsoft does not and never will send updates as attachments.

if you ever get any e-mail that tells you to download an attachment, delete it as soon as possible.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Also, you can download AVG virus scanner for free from here.

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

I use it and it is very effective. Its one of the best scanners out there and its free too. I run a complete scan every night and so far it has saved me from various infections :lol: Anyway I highly suggest it.

and a good firewall helps too

can't remember the site but there are some that will attempt a probe on your pc to check it's security.

it will then report to you what happened and suggest actions, if needed.

like always, google about.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

well, not just the firewall but the pc probe test to see if your ports are hidden, stealthed or open...