• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what do you think of mediocre blackbelts?

<<<>>>

You know that comment might be the most intriguing comment that I have read on this whole board ever! Thanks Cheeky!

You know...I find it to be sad that you look at a person, (whether they are good or bad) and pass judgement on them...

You know I could look at you and say that you do a poor sidekick, and take that to another level saying that since you do a poor sidekick your training has been terrible because you cant even do a good sidekick...and your teachers is awful because he couldnt teach you to do a good sidekick...and that your style sucks because if a sidekick isnt important training then you are learning a bogus art...and I could say that you arent a real martial artists because you are a Black Belt and you dont care if you do a good sidekick or not...

The point of that...is...you have a bad knee and cant ever do a good sidekick...

NOW WHAT? You passed all that judgement onto someone who can do no better...

I think that poor black belts are the ones who pass judgement...we are told not to pass judgement on other styles...but if it is a person in our style that is OK? I think not...

Cheeky got it right when he said some people give it their all and some dont...

Look at yourself...which one are you?

sk0t

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think that poor black belts are the ones who pass judgement...we are told not to pass judgement on other styles...but if it is a person in our style that is OK? I think not... "

hmmm... good point...

"Cheeky got it right when he said some people give it their all and some dont... "

i could be way off, but i seem to recall the young cheekymusician being a she :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai