• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help-me in the kick!

Bl4cKtH0rN

When kicking Maegueri the support foot it is pointed forward or or in the diagonal?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. When kicking Maegueri the support foot it is pointed forward or or in the diagonal?

• Diagonal
    • Any
    • Forward

I have one doubts that it disturbs me :-? :

When kicking Maegueri the support foot it is pointed forward or or in the diagonal?

thanks to all :)

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
If your support foot is still pointing straight forward during the execution of the kick, you are losing power from the hip movement of the support or "pushing" leg. Also the kick will tend to be weaker with a straight foot because of a partial cross body lock due to the hips being closed. I can explain this more if you need it.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Depends what stance you are in when you throw the kick, i.e. if you're fighting out of a sanchin-dachi stance to facilitate other moves you may have to get off a quick kick with your foot straight. Of course it feels more comfortable with a diagonal stance, but do what ya gotta do.

As Sasori Te said, the kick will lack power if the hips are not allowed to "open up" at impact. Only a slight turning of the foot is required to accomplish this.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 3 months later...
I'd say diagonal, because you can get more power through to the kick. It depends on the kicking situation, though.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!