• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"hindu pushups" vs. regular pushups

robodjs

which ones do you think are better?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. which ones do you think are better?

• reglar pushups
    • "hindu pushups"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
which ones are better?(reglar pushups or

"hindu pushups")

What the heck are hindu pushups?

If you are talking about the ones where you spread your feet and roll forward then back, alternately arching and swaying your back, I'd say they are better. They complete a circular path, which is better for your overall health and works more of your body. Regular pushups isolate your arms and shoulders and build more muscle there, but can eventually lead to joint problems in some people.

Freedom isn't free!

I've heard from some places that doing exess amounts of hindu pushups can cause atrophy in your triceps. Whether that is true or not is something I haven't worried much about as I never do them in the hundreds at a time.

As for which is better, well I do both of these in my workouts. "Regular" push-ups can be done in a number of different ways, including plyometrically. I'd say they each have their purpose and use them both.

If you are talking about the ones where you spread your feet and roll forward then back, alternately arching and swaying your back, I'd say they are better. They complete a circular path, which is better for your overall health and works more of your body. Regular pushups isolate your arms and shoulders and build more muscle there, but can eventually lead to joint problems in some people.

I'd say reglar pushups for that reason. Push-ups work the Triceps and Chest, so what? Is that the only exersice you can do? no, pull ups work the oposite muscles, do them after Push-ups. If all your doing is push-ups when you work out, your wasting time and effort, and causing a muscle imbalance that you will regret later!

Hey, Tibb- I do both as well. The question was which one was better, so I gave an answer. But you are right, your workout should be varried and well rounded. If you really want to work different muscle groups, I have a set of hand stands made of PVC pipe that allow me to position my hands at almost any angle. They also raise my hands about 6" off the deck. Unfortunately, I do have to watch it when I do pushups. I over did it last week, and I'm wearing a support on my elbow this week.

:kaioken:

Edit: the flamin' face is for my elbow, not you. Just realized how that might look. 8)

Freedom isn't free!