black belts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might notice that the style's i have BBs in are all quite different. shotokan is all striking, jujitsu is primarily grappling, and kendo is entirely a weapon art. when the style's you do are very different, you can practice them simultaneously without them conflicting which allows you to advance in them together. i think people who have BBs in more than one similar style are a lot rarer. i don't know many.

shotokan karate nidan

jujitsu shodan

kendo shodan

I remember when I first started the martial arts all I wanted to be is a black belt,but when I got it all I wanted to be was a good black belt.I still do and always will.Thats where the work really starts to get tough.

Never give in

I will tell you what I think when I get there..:)

IMO there are sevel plateu's in karate training (prob other styles as well), yellow belt - sure your pleased that you just got your first belt but then you notice all the darker belts and think, I can't ever see myself being that good..whats the point in continuing..

Same thing happens around Blue Belt, you get there and think, damn im only half way there..

Then theres Black Belt, you think well im there now, why bother continuing?

I've seen this happen to fellow students and recently a family of three who trained together have simply stopped coming back, it actually annoys me, our instructor has put alot of time and effort into training them and they are simply throwing it all away.