• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main reasons for studying is for self protection and health .. did i answer the question ? lol
ofcors thats a valid reason for me :) i've encountered a man who studies yin style pa qua chang and i really love playing with him. his style somewhat emphasizes strikes or is it becoz he has just adapted my movement. but its really enjoying sparring with a totally different style.

why did we surrender lord?

yeah the master that visits occasionally is really good .. he will stand there in a push hands stance with you then after a few second he bearly moves and pushs you about 10 feet accross the room .. its amazing how the guys build up their power. it fascinates me :P

Orange sash

Yes indeed in my Tai chi chuan school Ba Qua is part of the Black Belt Program.

by the way, whats the style of your pa qua? how were you able to advance or should i say does it blend fine with your yang tai chi?

The style is called Ba qua chan founded by Dong Hai Chuan. How it blends with Tai Chi I don't know (I'm not Black Belt I havn't started it).

lol thats the good thing about my school .. we learn things all the time .. i've bin goin 3 months and im doin black belt stuff ... we dont really hav a syllabus which is a shame but its good all the same

http://zhong-ding.com

Orange sash

i dunno but if this is true really but from what i've encountered they usally start from tai chi but those who wants to learn pa qua usually are taught hsing-i as a prerequisite in the study of pa qua.

That would be consistant with Bagua at my school.

he will stand there in a push hands stance with you then after a few second he bearly moves and pushs you about 10 feet accross the room .. its amazing how the guys build up their power. it fascinates me

If you are pushing him when he launches you, it's a matter of grounding your force and then standing up. It's pretty easy to learn against someone doing "normal" pushing

i'm speaking from a point of view of the one fighting a pa qua practitioner coz i haven't practiced it. my first encounter i divided his "line" of attack into quadrants. try it you'll see (i just used "line" for lack of a better term i can use) :D

by the way, all pa qua came from tong hai chuan but it was his students who propagated it and developed thier individual styles just like in karate where there are many ryu out there. right?:)

• 6 months later...

JerryLove,

I know a little ba gua. perhaps you can answer a question i have:

are you familiar with the Chum Choy or Buk Pai forms and do you know of a video resource available for them? Asfar as I know these are the only kicking forms in Pa kua and of course they are difficult.

Second, are y'all associated with that guy in orlando?

Ah! Mantis Grasshopper, i think you would do very nicely on a bowl of rice!

• 3 months later...
JerryLove,

I know a little ba gua. perhaps you can answer a question i have:

are you familiar with the Chum Choy or Buk Pai forms and do you know of a video resource available for them? Asfar as I know these are the only kicking forms in Pa kua and of course they are difficult.

Second, are y'all associated with that guy in orlando?

hehe i don't know anything about pa qua. :D but i dont care about ur style of pa qua either but its really neat fighting art if you ask me.