• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ba Qua is a very effective art.

Forms are done "walking" in a circle.

plam are used more then a "punch" and any kicks are low .

like said above upseting balance is important.

U will learn effective internal power. In Hsing Yi power is like a canon , in Ba Qua its like a coiled spring . If u lern Ba Qua u should also Lern Hsing Yi if u can. and visa versa..

"You punch like a pig and kick like a dog"

• 7 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daeinwolf.... i have taken some ninpo taijutsu, and i think that ba gua could help out with the taihenjutsu techniques because of the circular aspects of it. i am told that budo taijutsu and ninpo taijutsu are similiar... so.. theoretically it should help. So give her a try out!

Take a deep breath. Feel your feet gripping the ground. Feel the blood move through your body. Feel your heart beat like a drum. It is amazing what calm and collectiveness can do for you.

Well, I have decided to take it for a while to see if I really like it. From what I gathered at the first class last night, I enjoyed it a great deal.

Here is the link to the dojo if anyone was curious.

http://liveoak72.tripod.com/

Thanks for the info and advice---Joshua

i'm curious. what is the style of Pa qua chang are you practicing or that dojo is practicing?

why did we surrender lord?

It seems that this instructor has reached a point where he can teach several different arts and be quite arrogant about all of them. Because of this and the fact that he could not answer some of my questions I left.

SiK---D

There are no limits.

• 1 month later...

thought i might add something. there are many styles of pa qua chang different styles different emphasis in technique. i suggest you try researching more not giving up the practice of pa qua. i did research on it came up with a lot of info about it. talking about knowing your enemy huh? :)

I can tell you that Paguaa is probibly the most complex and difficult to master the the three big Neijia arts; as such, I would not generaly consider it as a second-study art until you were rather advanced as an artist in general.

Yes indeed in my Tai chi chuan school Ba Qua is part of the Black Belt Program.

i dunno but if this is true really but from what i've encountered they usally start from tai chi but those who wants to learn pa qua usually are taught hsing-i as a prerequisite in the study of pa qua.

Yes indeed in my Tai chi chuan school Ba Qua is part of the Black Belt Program.

by the way, whats the style of your pa qua? how were you able to advance or should i say does it blend fine with your yang tai chi?

hey im in a club called 'shen hsing tao' we practice tai chi chaun, kung fu and ba qua. i was told that ba qua can be used to strengthen our bodies and improve our balance ... everything we do comes together and helps the other arts ... is this a good way to learn ?

Orange sash

i don't see anything wrong with that. what do you intend to achieve or should i say why do you study those? what are the styles of the arts that you mentioned? how well were you able to accommodate each one to fit each other? i hope u can get my question. :)