• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

plan 2 b instructor

wilko9999

Sounds ok as long as it doesnt become a way of the govt making more money out of people. :bawling:

Having a karate teaching qualification would be quite cool :) , pity there is no govt/official recognised standard for dan grades... imagine having a work signature with your rank in... stop people giving you abuse by email :brow:

I use my karate membership card as a kind of informal identification if I have nothing else with me, people don't really react that much so im considering marking it down as a 5th dan and dripping blood on it.. :evil: :karate: :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you plan on starting your own school, and charging money for it then you definitely need to do your research. Just being good at karate, and even being a good instructor is not enough to run a successful karate school. A karate school is a business and should be ran like one. Do your homework before rushing into anything.

If you plan on teaching for free, then it gets better. However, you still need to check into the laws in your area to see what the extent of your liability is in case of injuries and the like.

It would be nice if you could just teach karate without worrying about all of the red tape and legal crap ... but the fact is that the day someone gets an injury in under your instruction is the day before you're taken to court and sued.