• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello and Seienchin bunkai help

Lord Apocalypse

I would dis-agree with the wrist grabbing instead of thumb grabbing,

But wrists are easier to grab than thumbs, - not that there's anything wrong with thumb-grabbing :brow: There are several applications in the Higoanna Goju-Ryu kata that have wrist grabs, strikes, locks. thye work fine, just take a little (lot) of practice.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grrr

Yeah i have trained with GKR now for 3 years - Love it!! Actually graded last tues night feeling pretty good!! Had to spar for about 40 mins 12 ppl pretty much full contact. Makes you feel like you earn your grade. Looking forward to BB!!

To everyone else - If you have watched the Jet Li movie "Cradle to the Grave" you should have seen him do the fingertip strike and floating rib pull out move. It's towards the end of the movie but i can't remember the exact point. It worked on that opponent!!

C yas

Adrian White

3rd Kyu Brown Belt - Go Kan Ryu Karate-Do

But wrists are easier to grab than thumbs, - not that there's anything wrong with thumb-grabbing

Very true. But easier is not always better, being grabbed by the thumbs is (IMO) more effective and, for the attacker, more painful. I suppose it depends on the situation, if you can go for the thumbs, if not, go for the wrists. :karate:

But wrists are easier to grab than thumbs, - not that there's anything wrong with thumb-grabbing

Very true. But easier is not always better, being grabbed by the thumbs is (IMO) more effective and, for the attacker, more painful. I suppose it depends on the situation, if you can go for the thumbs, if not, go for the wrists. :karate:

Exactly!

Seiunchin Kata.

https://www.isshin1.com

The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.