Lord Apocalypse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everybody iam 1 kyu of karate-do shito ryu , but my english are not very good , yes that kata is seienchin and in my dojo the first move are neifanchin dachi then shiko dachi , on the bunkai , you must block a punch with shuto o haizo uke with the rigth foot in the front then do the kakete uke and a yonhon nukite a the side chest .

i hope that you can undestrand my bad english

Fortozo: el 1er movimiento no es en naifanchin dachi, ya que esta es una kata de naha te y naifanchin dachi es una postura de shuri te ( espero no equivocarme, chécalo) 8)

Ilich Miguel Torres Fong (Budo Kai Karate Do)

2nd Dan Black Belt Shito Kai (World Shito Ryu Karate Do Federation)

Center American & Caribbean Kumite Judge (WKF Panamerican Zone), National Kata Judge (México)

Monterrey, Nuevo León México

Im open to learn & talk about any MA or Style (all are great)

I've learned that there is no wrong interpretation of a kata as long as the interpretation works in "the real world". Kata was never meant to be rigidly interpreted in only one way. Katas were thought up by the old masters as a way to pass on the techniques of their respective systems. The techniques weren't always very clear and this was for several reasons. 1) Techniques were vague to keep them "hidden" from lower ranking karatekas before they were ready. 2) The kata movements were done in such a way that they could represent several different techniques that could be effective in several different situations. Classical kata are meant to be studied and deciphered for a lifetime.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

In my style the rising hands are to break a grip on your throat (or Gi etc: ) then they fingers fold into a fist, this represents grabing your oponents thumbs and then pulling them down before delivering what appears to be a grabing block followed by a nukite strike..although why have the grabing block if you just had them by the thumbs?

Hmmm...after the thumb grab, whilst still holding their thumbs perform the next sequence, if i am seeing this right in my head, you will have pulled the opponents arm in a lock with your left arm and be shuto-ing their neck, then the grab could simply be a neck break or take down, hence the turn at 45 degrees into the next set of horse stance face block things.

Mijukumono ga! Warawaseru na!

In my style the rising hands are to break a grip on your throat (or Gi etc: ) then they fingers fold into a fist, this represents grabing your oponents thumbs and then pulling them down before delivering what appears to be a grabing block followed by a nukite strike..although why have the grabing block if you just had them by the thumbs?

You're grabing the attackers wrists, not thumbs, and pulling down and out as you deliver a knee strike. Then they punch and you grab and pull into a knife hand strike. :)

Hey Guys

One possible application I was taught of the moves after the double wrist grab is haito strike to the opponents right elbow (with your right hand) then grab their right wrist (with your right) and execute a nukite uchi to the area just under the rib cage and pulling out the floating rib.

Adrian White

3rd Kyu Brown Belt - Go Kan Ryu Karate-Do

I would dis-agree with the wrist grabbing instead of thumb grabbing, the wrists have alot more bend in them so the pull down would be no-where near as effective. My instructor showed me this last lesson as it happens and he got alot more torque when grabbing the thumbs. The shuto to the neck and the pull into the knee for the nukite both make sense.

I heard the thing about pulling out the floating rib aswell but that would be easier said than done :)

Hey Adrian1030, you're the same grade and style as me :)