• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does your karate gi mess u up in ur training ?

i hate it when i get hit in the eye with me hair! it hurts and then it waters and then people are like "what's wrong" and i always feel stupid. once though, i did a a front up kick and my leg hit my hand and i hit myself in the nose. i was hoping that no one saw, but then my instructor saw me and started laughing

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the gi comes open it p's me of that why we have 2 gis the 2nd gi is a TKD but i do Katate and if the belt comes open back away and pull it tight or pull the belt of and throw it 2 the side and hope you get a little brat in the eye :D

L8er :karate:

P.s. just have fun when you spar :)

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

but then my instructor saw me and started laughing
from iama_chick

that is wrong your instructor should help you with what you are doing wrong not laugh people like that make my mad:x my instructor do's not laugh at some one if they get it wrong he helps you.

L8er :karate:

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker

Instructors, contrary to belief, are still human and can find things funny. You don't have to be doing a technique wrong to set off a chain of events that will have people in stitches. :)

Actually if your belt is the proper lenght it should not be long enough to whack you in the eye. I think those who train long enough end up with funny gi stories.

Also there is a way to prevent accidental openings - they are called snaps. You buy them at a fabrick store and put them in with a snap setter.