• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does your karate gi mess u up in ur training ?

As you get used to wearing it while you train it will become more and more a part of you and less distracting. And as you wear your belt it will stayed tied better the longer you wear it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any more situations like this write it on the forum or if u think the gi's are there too keep u distracted ????

I don't think gi's were designed to distract you!

I double knot the strings on my top because if I don't it comes undone during class.

"Nothing is impossible to the willing mind."

"I double knot the strings on my top because if I don't it comes undone during class."

...actually, i don't think i ever even thought of double knotting them... is there an emoticon where the little yellow guy smacks himself in the head in stupidity?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I'm starting my first MA lesson on tuesday. I hope my suviner(sp) from my first class isn't a red eye from my belt whacking me.

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi

from my first class isn't a red eye from my belt whacking me.

Whats really weird is that in my experience the darker your belt the less it tends to hit you in the face..its could be something to do with darker dyes drying in harder or simply just a conspiracy to make low grades look silly.. :)

It's ok, battousai16. The double post is taken care of :)

I had my belt wack me in the eye once. I was doing a jump spinning kick (I forget which one), and my belt came up and whacked me in the eye. Then my ponytail whacked me in the other eye when I spun. OUCH. Needless to say I where shorter belts, and I wear my hair in a bun now LOL (well my hair is shoulder length now, so it's too short to whack me in the eye when I wear it in a ponytail).

Laurie F

Well jump kicks often send belts flying no matter the colour but I still stand by my conspiracy theory.

Incidentaly why is it the belts (hair to for those that have enough) always hits you in the eyes and not just the cheek or something???.

well GrrrArg, I think your conspiracy is very accurate. :)

Tang Soo Do/Tae Kwon Do

....Oh yeah, and unofficially...

KENJUTSU

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." ~ Sima Yi