• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Please Help me ppl!!!

The Farmboy

Hey everyone,, Im new to the martial arts, and I would like to take Karate. I think theres only one Martial Arts school here in my town, and its $60 bucks a month one lesson every week, which is not what i really want. But, anyway, I just want to know if Karate is a good thing for me to do. Im 15, and 145 lbs. I just want to know if this will help me in a fight, and if it will help me physically. Also, I wondered if the whole Martial Arts thing is relaxing and helps u get more in " the flow " . LOL. Anyway , Bye fellars, please help me if you can, bye now

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

60$ a month for 4 lessons? What a rip? Are you SURE that is correct? How long is the lesson? Many schools cost between 40-60, but a lot of them have alteast 2 classes a week! That doesn't sound right at all, you might want to double check. Maybe you should go to a class one night, and see how they train, see if the money is worth it! Sometimes, 60 may be worth it, but that better be one hell of a class! I'd advise giving the School and call and seeing about sitting in on one of the classes.

Yes, karate would be a great thing to do. It will teach you to "fight" and it will teach you displine. I live in a town likes yours, one Martial Arts school, the only one on 30 miles. Some of those Backwood Studio's are great palces to learn. Relaxing... well, it is enjoyable, if that answers you question.

Now, what do you mean by "the flow"? Are you referring to Meditation and Estern Philosophy? Yes, most school have it. Many of them don't force you to do it, but they will have it.

For $60.00/mo you should get a minimum of three classes a week, with a decent facility and really good instruction!

Karate class won't typically be the most relaxing part of your day. But the instructor should be able to give you some relaxation exercises and tips on meditation. Karate should help you physically and mentally as well. As to fighting, if they teach it as a true martial art, probably. Depends on how they teach. There is one thing to look for if this is what you want- do they spar with contact?

Have you considered sports? At 15 you probably have free access to one of the best introductions to martial arts around, which is your wrestling team. It is great conditioning, and even if you want a striking art later a good ground game is important. Also check out boxing programs, which develope some excellent skills that can cross over to martial arts later on.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Freedom isn't free!

I can go better I pay £5 or $8 for four lessons a week..pays do be a sempai or rather it doesn't..??

Anyway $60 for that little available training does seem a bit high, we don't usually pay per month in the UK but most the other posts Ive seen here get more training for that much money.

8 lessons a month for £8 or $11 i think i am from england is.... :)

Trodai Karate, Brown Belt 1nd Kyu

"Belts Are For Holding Your Pants Up" Bruce Lee

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"Ben Paker