• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which his/her stance when it figth?

Bl4cKtH0rN

Which his/her stance when it fight? And the favorite blows.. :karate:

My stance is a Han-Zenkutsu-dachi, Kiba-dachi or Neko-ashi-dachi :karate: :D .

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I never could use cat stance in a fight and never had a hard time with anyone who liked to use it. It's great for moving into another stance but that's about it for me. (IMO)

When I'm getting pounded I like sanchin but for the most part I like a boxer's stance. Both feet pointing forward not to low or far apart.

Sho

I just go into a regular defensive guarding stance. Left foot in front with the back heel off the ground. I think cat stance is better for forms, not sparring.

Female- 16 years old - Brown Belt 3rd grade.

I just go into a regular defensive guarding stance. Left foot in front with the back heel off the ground. I think cat stance is better for forms, not sparring.
Do You TKD? :-? :karate:

"Someday, I'll be the most powerfull jedi ever..."

I never could use cat stance in a fight and never had a hard time with anyone who liked to use it. It's great for moving into another stance but that's about it for me.

A cat stance is a transitional stance. You aren't supposed to be in it for more than it takes to move through it. For that matter, no stance is a pose (unles you make the cover of BB Mag).

To answer the original question, my primary fighting stance is a neutral bow. Draw a line from you to your opponent. The toe of your lead foot and the heel of the trailing foot touch the line. Feet are 45' to the line, knees bent and slightly out. If you kneel with the trailing knee it would almost touch the forward foot. Coccyx tucked slightly, back straight, head erect, hands up in guard position. Relax. Now start moving!

Freedom isn't free!