• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too old to start?

I was 24 when I started too. You'll be fine. One of our exercise leaders is almost 70 :o Trust me, she is not the one you want to be leading exercise that day. Age is more a state of mind. I hope that she never makes sensei though...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, to be 15 again! :lol: No, your at the prefect age to start. I was 35 when started taking classes with my 15 yr. old son. We've been going for almost 4 yrs now and are loving it. I told someone the other day I feel better now then I ever had. The only difference between me and my son is the girl and dating thing sometimes gets in they way of training for him. :lol: I'm a old married guy so I don't have to worry about that anymore. :D

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I guess age is never a problem when you begin to take MA, it only depends on wut you want from the MA...

If you want to be the world champion, as sooner the better... but if you wanna master it, and do not bother about these "tittles" there's not a perfect age to start...

it all depends on your intentions...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• 2 weeks later...
You're the perfect age, though I wouldn't recommend you take Tae Kwon Do. You're still young enough to pick up things quickly and develop them into your memory, but not too young to have a short attention span and bad focus. Your just old enough to appreciate your art.

Im 15 and i started over a year ago.. No it's not too late to start martial arts.. There's some older adults who are over 60 who are advanced purple belts... So age is all in the mind.... See you soon in a tournament :wink:

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training