• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black vs. White Gi

Sho-ju

I prefer black. White really washes me out! :D In my current school, and in many Kempo/Kenpo schools, beginner students wear white, advanced wear black, and black belts can mix it up with the permission of the instructor.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like black, like others said it's easier to keep clean and I don't have to worry about stains. Of course, I don't get the option. In my Kyokushin dojo it's white and nothing else. In my Chito-ryu dojo it's white until you are black belt. Then you can wear a black gi. Guess I got some waiting to do before I get an easy to clean gi :roll: .

Sempai Emily

2nd Kyu-Brown Belt

---The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.

--- Mas. Oyama ---

Who's blood you getting on your gi sho-ju?

Sometimes mine, most of the time it belongs to others.

My wife is sick of clean the blood and I have no idea how to get it out. (don't want to learn either) I think I'm going to buy a black gi, my sensei said it doesn't matter to him what I wear after shodan.

a wear a white one everday except fridays. then i wear read KWON boxing pants b/c it's sparring class. we have to wear white unless we're instructors and they only wear white uniform tops. but friday is whatever kind of uniform you want.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

I wear a white gi...just because...

I do wash it frequently, just because it is harder to ventilate in a not-washed-in-a-long-time gi.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/