• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black vs. White Gi

Sho-ju

Which do you prefer and why? I'm a shotokan karateka and wear a white gi. I'm tried of the blood, pit stains, etc. I'm thinking about buying and wearing a black gi. Your thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a green gi, because of my irish background.

Luck O' The Irish

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

In the past we were black ONLY because they were simpler to keep clean. We would go to gyms and train and they were pretty dirty. When I started teaching again this spring I asked everyone to wear white becasue we are at a YMCA and it much cleaner. LOL. I like white it looks good but in all reality it don't matter.

My teacher would put boys in white, girls in black and allow black belts to buy Blue tops to set them off.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Who's blood you getting on your gi sho-ju?

We wear white. I think that I would prefer black. If my association had others wearing black suits then I would too. However I would not want to be the odd one out......a black sheep in a sea of white.

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"