• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the man with no style

your right high probaly does learn from books. strategy he just does a lot of fancy stuff. he does a lot of rushing combos and a lot of jumping spin kicks. i would say he study tae kwon do but in tkd you don't do low spinning sweeps like that right?. all yeah when he throws punches he throws haymakers there not real wide like you see people on the street do. their just brute strenght punchings may be it's san shou, the one cung le is in now. i did not say you said that sansoouer i just said my instructor said it.

falcon kick!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TKD does alot of kicks in every aspect, it's mostly a kicking art. And if he's doing high kicks can't you dodge or grab his leg up there? High kicks are bad in a fight, if you can't get those then you'd be in real trouble if he was doing low kicks to your knees.

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

ha what to my legs are even worst like i sad they are weird sweeps they look like spinning round, heel, and inner crescent kicks but he kneels on the ground i will try and find a picture i know is gonna be hard do. when it comes to high kicks no he mostly kicks mid level but i can handle that. when does kick high it is when he jumps you know like leaping side, round, and spin kick. and he has this weird kick where it looks like he spins twice in the air a perform a round kick but its sloppy though because it connected before but it did not really hurt and think the spinning twice is more of a optical trick.

falcon kick!!!

His sweeps sound like the ones I learned in Moo Duk Kwan TKD. We used to use leg sweeps that you spun close to the ground and hit at ankle level. I gotta say, 6'2" at 160 lbs. doesn't seem like much to me. I'm 5'7" at 198 lbs. He must be very fast and very, very good.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Sano - another thought - I cross trained for a while with a semi professional kick-boxer. It was an eye opener for sure. I thought I was pretty good, but being forced to put on gloves (thereby losing open hand techniques) did a couple of things: incredible conditioning just holding those suckers up for an hour!!, and you're forced to focus more strictly on precise placement of punches and kicks. A good pro kick-boxer will also have some "dirty tricks" to teach you, they are vicious, their only weakness is lack of grappling, and ground fighting. Maybe you could run an ad for a workout/sparring partner, they may be willing to train with you for free. Just a thought, but it took my fighting level up several notches real quick! :brow:

what are you trying to say that to find a new sparring partner and ditch the other guy. to tell you the truth i should have like a carnival style event and have a poster up that says if you can defeat or stay with this guy for 10 minutes you get 1000 dollars, but you have to pay 25 dollars to fight him.

everybody would be fooled by the this guy looks, i know i did. and they would say thats easy money. every time the poor suckers lose i would raise the prize up 1000 and probaly the entrance fee 10 dollars every two weeks and i will be rich. i mean we will be rich. (whoa that was a close one) Ahaha Ahaha

Edited by sano

falcon kick!!!