How to achieve maximum damage?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the science behind impacts on human beings is too complex to be boiled down to a single concept like momentum. If you really want to simplify it, the damage you will do to your target is primarily based on the composition and volume of tissues disrupted and the extent of disruption caused. However, as to how to translate that into how you can cause more damage by punching.. well, hitting vulnerable areas I guess, and hitting hard. There isn't really any "trick" to causing damage, just practice. (Unless, of course, weapons enter the picture)

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

read Bruce Lee's Tao Of Keet Kun Do, there are numerous ways to cause maximum damage. Most of them striking through the target though. I know that from my own trainings that there are two ways of doing damage. The first way is the powerful all over power. The kick or punch that looks very impressive, the one that knocks you opponents back far. And then there is the second type, this type when perfected is very dangerous, and can cause internal bleeding. The first one will knock your opponents back but won't really do much damage. Here is the second type, this is the type that when you strike your opponent does not move much but he will notice that the pain is very concentrated into one area. The second one is very hard to achieve, and should be used with great caution. Both ways are executed to penetrate through the target.

The problem with punching "through" the body is that, many beginning students will take that as meaning make contact and push. And we all know how dangerous leaving an arm fully extended is. Advanced students can work on punching "through" the body, by turning the hip and shoulder into the punch, but also snapping it back

So recognize or be hospitalized

Cuz literally on a scale from one to ten I'm 25.

i was always told that to punch through the body simply meant that you complete the motion as if the opponent wasn't there.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

What's your opinion on this? What's the best way to achieve maximum damage? :-?

in my opinion i visualize strikeign though sumthin i dontm try to thats what my old akrate teacher said and thats the aim of karate to deal max damage ( if yoru not in the dojo ) and about pushign power is bad it wil hurt + knock them of balence but to get best power well hit a presure poitn would help put your all ya body wieght into it and iem sure you wil have a strogn punch it pays to hit the right spot for eg hittin a man in between the legs will hirty muich more than a few punches on the arm

Jerry Love, that is slightly flawed yourself. A .50 cal roundprobably has more momentum anyway. It, however, has all of its force focused into one point. That's how bullets go through kevlar vests, or how RPGs blast holes through go through concrete walls. All of the force is focused onto the one point, which converts a blunt smack into a focused peice. The RPG is a little different, but it's the same concept

The reason a bullet is so dangerous is the small point that makes contact, and how quickly the energy is tranfered. You cannot say that it is only because it is small, or only because it moves fast because there are a number of factors that make the bullet effective.

If you compare the bullet to the car going 10 MPH, maybe the car has more momentum (depends on the car, and the bullet), but it is moving much slower and on impact the energy will be tranfsered much more slowly. The car has crumple zones which basically slow down the energy transfer, or accelerations involved. On the other hand, the bullet is solid and affects a much smaller area so it pushes through you more effectively.

Now if you want an analogy for pushing and how it can be 'weak' or 'strong', how about a catapult vs. a cannon. If you sit on a catapult and we launch you through the air you'll probably feel pretty happy until you hit the ground. However, if you were to sit inside a real, though very large, cannon and we fired you out of it you would not be around to tell us how it felt. The cannon accelerated you too quickly; it was too 'strong'. Even if you reach the same speed on both the catapult and the cannon, the catapult took say 1.2 seconds to get you to that speed while the cannon took say 0.2 seconds.

Finally, a punch will transfer more force if it is fully accelerated before it hits the target. You will get the 'pushing' sensation (people flying back) when you accelerate your fist a bit before you hit and try to finish the accelration through the target. If you want the full force you have to reach your maximum speed before you hit and drive that through your target.