• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KIME!

tenkamusou

I was doing a research here, I didn't find anything about kime!

So, I wanna know what you guys think about it!

What muscles you should focus on? is it 100% speed?

Is there a certain age that you achieve kime? ehehe

I know I kinda took a while to start "having" kime...

When I do Kihon or Kata I always imagine that I'm hittin somethin, do you guys imagine things too to improve your kime?

Well, I guess you guys got it right? feel free to post anything about kime you want!

See ya...

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
IMO "Kime" is just focusing your attack or striking with intent. It is not some mythological zen-like ability. Some people have told me that it is tensing your muscles on impact. Why would you do this? Would you not dissapate the force you are driving foward and reduce power in the process? Until it is proven or disproven Im skeptical about the whole thing. I have never seen an Extra Terrestrial. There may be one out there. Same with Kime. Who knows? Im not actively looking........ :roll:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

is it 100% speed?

No it is 0% speed. Relaxation and tension, does not matter how fast you do it.

What muscles you should focus on?

Well I used to be told tense everything tenseable :lol: However I have since learnt otherwise. I do not know if it was due to the incompetance (or different thoughts) of my previous instructor but I do not believe this to be true anymore. It may just be a way to get people to add kime to their techniques. On impact (imaginary or actual) you main focus should be in your tanden, obviously other muscles need to be brought into action otherwise your be dislocating things left, right and centre. You should be very heavy "feeling" forwards and downwards, breathing from your tanden/ stomach.

Would you not dissapate the force you are driving foward and reduce power in the process?

A very interesting statement shotochem. This is something that I have been working on recently. As stated above I used to tighten all muscles that I could on impact. Recently I have experimented with only the required muscles, i.e the wrist to keep the fist on form, etc and the tanden. I have found that I develop more power this way.

If you think of your fist, for example, as a weight. You want that weight to keep going for as long as possible once it has been thrown. Tensing the inappropriate muscles will reduce this. You want to be more like a weight on elastic than weight on a chain.

I have never heard of kime as being described as something unattainable. I think that it can be simply put as the control of technique at the point of impact. How you do this will depend upon your level of progress.

Edited by telsun

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

Kime nothing big and clever its just focus, make sure that when you hit something/one that's ALL your thinking about.

That hits the nail right on the head!!! (arr, arr, arr :lol: )

Developing kime will take time but will happen. You must focus your energy (body and mind ) completely on the task at hand whether it is a kick, block, strike, or throw.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Kime nothing big and clever its just focus, make sure that when you hit something/one that's ALL your thinking about.

That hits the nail right on the head!!! (arr, arr, arr :lol: )

8)

LOL