Things NOT to say to your instructor...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't train on friday night sensei cos i'm going to the pub with my mates. :lol: I actually said this a few weeks ago and he was like "excuse me!" ooops :roll:

yeah or the "please go easy i have a hangover " for some reason this does not sit well esp if you have to do a turning kick (not me though would never do anything like that :angel: )

maybe another could be "whens the smoke break?"

How come you're wearing a white belt?

Sense's belt is so worn that it's almost completely white. The kids ask him this all the time.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

How come you're wearing a white belt?

Sense's belt is so worn that it's almost completely white. The kids ask him this all the time.

Our kids do that a lot too :lol: A newbie recently asked him...'what belt are you?'

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Too many pages to read through them all, but these are some of the funnier ones I've had said to me

--"That wouldn't work" (coming from someone with two weeks of MA experience total when showing her self-defense escapes)

--"What if they _______?" (proceed by showing a modification of the self defense move), "Well what if they _______?" (Show another improv self defense to counter), "Well what if they ________?" (We now have a rule in our dojo called "No What-ifs" because one kyu rank was so bad with those. The rule is unless you instructing the class you can never begin a sentence with "What if")

--"Have you ever killed anyone" (yeah, that's why I'm still here in class teaching rather than in prison)

--"I'm bored" (well I have quick fix for that :brow: )

--"I didn't learn anything today" (then you weren't paying attention because I correct plenty of your moves)

--"Look what I can do" followed by some spastic gymnastic move jumpt and/or tumble (and what does that have to do with karate)

--"Can we play games instead of working on kata again?" (in a word--NO)

--"Do you think you could beat up _______" ( :roll: )

Actually had this next one said to me just last night:

--moaning "But I don't want to do kata again. I already know how to do it." (well since I'm one of the judges testing you next month and I think you need to work on it, it would probably be wise if you did)