Things NOT to say to your instructor...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the class the lead student usually says 'Tomo sensei' (I hope that's how you spell it).

There was a different kid than usual at the head of the class and she said loudly. 'Go home sensei'.

She was convinced that was what had been said every class. :-). Quite appropriate really.

Edited by Gloi

That is so cute!

There was a funny incident at my dojo the other week, but it should really be catagorised as 'Things Your Instructor Shouldn't Say To Students'!!! After a long session of basics, we were all getting tired, including the instructor, evidently. He meant to yell 'Tuck your thumbs in!' but unfortunately it didn't quite come out right....let's just say that many of the Ts in the sentence had been replaced by the letter F... :lol:

He carried on, probably hoping that no one had noticed (yeah right) but I think that everyone was intentionally making very bad fists, just to see if he'd say it again! :lol: :lol:

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

• 3 months later...

it's important during winter not to mention to my sensei (or even within earshot of him) how cold it is, or even give the impression that it's cold by shivering or hugging yourself, otherwise he feels obligated to ensure we're warmed up with seemingly endless cycles of 10 starjumps, 10 pushups, 10 stomach crunches, 10 leg lifts, etc. until most of us are dripping with sweat. then the class begins.

one ring to rule them all.

it's important during winter not to mention to my sensei (or even within earshot of him) how cold it is, or even give the impression that it's cold by shivering or hugging yourself, otherwise he feels obligated to ensure we're warmed up with seemingly endless cycles of 10 starjumps, 10 pushups, 10 stomach crunches, 10 leg lifts, etc. until most of us are dripping with sweat. then the class begins.

lol, I know that well.

I've only ever said ONCE within earshot of my karate Sensei how cold it was in the dojo (and it gets very cold in winter - no heating!), but it's something I'll never ever say again.

I always warn newbies at my club never to mention how freezing it is in the dojo if Sensei's around.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I saw that move last week on power rangers !

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

"I'll take it easy on you, Sensei".

For some reason, a yellow belt said this to my instructor just before they started sparring. Needless to say, I don't think I will ever feel the urge to say this to my instructor... ever. :)

The part I don't understand is, I had just sparred this yellow belt before, and I thought *I* had kicked his butt... I hope he didn't feel like he was taking it easy on me! LOL! Of course, I was sparring him after class, and the last few classes he has run to the change room as soon as class finished, so I haven't had the opportunity to let him "take it easy on me" yet...

Loner

Not something not to say to the instructor, but a classic line from the instructor yesterday:-

"A bit of pain never hurt anybody"

I'm very tempted to use that as my sig...