• 3 years later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't let people know I take MA because I live in a dorm full of guys and I don't feel like "proving myself" to everyone. I also catch flack because I am a Christian who practices MA. Oh Well. Life goes on.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Calm down people!!! I used to get so angry when people mocked my training, now I just shrug it off and walk away. No point in worring about what other people think, it just shows you how ignorant they are.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

I really don't care about what other people think . As long as you know what your talking about (in a MA sort of way), then there is no reason to have to prove yourself to others. Their the ones that will enevitablely underestimate you on the street and ultimatly, will suffer the consaquences. ( sorry, im a bad speller.lol).

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Sometimes criticism is constructive, however the majority of the time, it is just the result of jealousy. So the next time that someone makes fun of you, just be glad that you can do something that he is jealous of. :)

What works works

My night job is nursing, and when one of the nurses found out about my being an instructor, she said "you do karate, huh? DO some...karate something...karate that desk!"

umm...yeah :dodgy:

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

• 2 weeks later...
My night job is nursing, and when one of the nurses found out about my being an instructor, she said "you do karate, huh? DO some...karate something...karate that desk!"

umm...yeah :dodgy:

One of my co-workers once sked me if I could karate chop a table in half. :roll: I tend to let comments like that wash over me. If other people aren't into martial arts then that's ok. They don't have to like my hobby (hobby?? Obsession, more like!) just as I don't have to like theirs.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

LOL, for the most part people around me overestimate the martial arts, not the other way around. Fair enough...I don't catch any flack for it...though I do get the stupid questions. I answer sarcastically, but those who ask dumb questions don't seem to understand sarcasm.

Question:"Could you kill me right now, in like a second."

Answer:"Yes. Undoubtedly. In fact you'd be dead three times before you hit the ground"

Reply:"Wow, that's awesome!"

Question:"Yo. Could you break this table?"

Answer:"This very thick oaken table with metal supports underneath? You betcha I can."

Reply:"Ooooh nice."

Question:"So, could you like, beat up those two armed cops over there?"

Answer:"Why yes. Yes I can. You see theres this technique to help defend against bullets. In Japanese it is called "Irunee Yuno Hitti". It translates to "Can't hit me if I'm movin'""

Reply:"Cool. Could you teach me some time?"

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

One time i was at the movies with some friends when we were suddenly ambushed by a large group of gangster wannabes. someone told me that i should be able to go beat them all up because i was a Black Belt. i told them that i couldn't because i didn't have the belt with me at the time. they was all confused. pretty funny stuff.

Yea, it used to bother me that people would laugh at the fact that I did Martial arts, now I don't bother telling people. I just keep my head down and for the most part people don't know what I do. I've also stopped saying in Discos etc. that I do karate as well.. as I said before you should see the guys run.

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.