• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beginner Styles?

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
THere's No one art that's easy, everthing comes w /practice... so don't favor one over the other because once you master it, the training you learned will count the most.. Shouldn't they have beggners classes anyways in many dojo's?

A yellow belt who's words never hurt, yet skills send chills throughout the body.

Shotokan Student - 11 months training

• 1 month later...

1 Jujitsu

2 taewondo

3 judo

4 muay thai

5karate

If you lenred all these and very advanced you can beat any advanced 1 style martail aritist peepsquik

I am still training however, having dabbled in Shotokan and Shotokai Karate. I am please to report that Kenshukai is one of the strongest and most disciplined styles ( i did not write this)

• 5 months later...

I'd go with the Hapkido club your boyfriend is in. You could really learn in a pleasant enviroment and be with the one you love. Never had the chance to come near Hapkido, but I trust you and see it as a good style, too. Perhaps you don't want to be near your BF (some consider it better to be apart when it comes to this stuff) and you'll focus on other class. Find something near your home, talk to the instructor, watch some classes. If you like it, remain, if not move on :)

I agree that your first choice (or attempt) should be Hapkido. If you want something very self-defence oriented (but with a lot of fun too) my advice is a combo of Jeet Kune Do and Kali. Which is the Inosanto's method. JKD is a very complete and versatile empty hand martial art (invented by Bruce Lee). Kali helps you to deal with everything you can use as a weapon (also flexible thing as a bathroom towel can be used as a weapon in Kali). You can check at https://www.inosanto.com for the nearest school to your place.

You can do any style...... FInd one that has a instructor you like, and training partners you get along with and you'll be fine.

Ask people what style and they'll probably tell you whatever one they do.

That said, I recommend you find a Mixed Martial Arts school ;)

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!