• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

warm up

bagpuss

I agree ...for MA "training" one shouldn't keep up with a high bpm...but for sparring purposes its ok...Music to forms is also done at demos and looks very fluid.

If you keep the bpm low (128-135) for fitness kickboxing you shouldn't sacrifice technique and still get a good workout. (Most people don't keep to the beat anyway :weirdlook:)

Deby

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

music is ok while warming up as long as it isnt dance/techno music........they have music playing in the cardio kickboxing class......i dont really like it that much but its good for a warm up but i dont really need a certain type of music to keep myself going during a workout

i just put on music while im working cuz i dont like silence

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

I prefer Motorhead or Fear Factory for my warm ups. They really put me in the mood for training. :smile:

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

Hmmm...I don't think I'd want music for any part of my martial arts training - except for the boxercise classes because part of what I'm learning in class, especially right now, as I'm testing for blue belt, is determination and perseverence - essentially I'm pushing myself to the next level, and while it definately would be nice to do it to music, I think it would be a hinderance in the end, as I wouldn't want to depend on it to motivate me - I need to do that myself!

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

• 2 weeks later...