bagpuss

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good. Especially if you want to do say 'XX minutes' of a paticular warm up. You can setup your own individual training tape with your own favourite music on and have it stop after three minutes or whatever, pause for a while and then start again when you feel you are relaxed again. Much better than looking at your watch all the time.

I also think music gets you going easier. It's like it's easier to train as part of your lesson than at home on your own, it's easier to do it with music than all silent.

My views.

~The things you own - they end up owning you.

bagpuss welcome to the board!!! :wave:

i don`t mind listening to music but some other do and they start singing the song and don`t listen to there sensi!!!so in a way its good and bad!!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

i like music wen we train, but not when we have to bounce to it, as you know we do!!

oh well

Ang :angel:

Angela Winter

orange belt, shotokan karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools UK

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.

you are what you are.

Actually at our school way back we used to spar with music...("MachineHead" by Bush was my favorite and also "Welcome to the Jungle" G&R)....we don't any longer but would love to suggest bringing it back however, because of different ages and tastes in music it is a little difficult to please everyone!

I (like you all know by now) teach fitness kickboxing to real loud beat driven music...really gets the adrenaline rushing. But when I warm up or cool down I do pick tunes with a good constant beat (something uplifting too :nod: ) I love mixing my own tunes for class purposes and do take suggestions!

Deby

Music is good for warm-ups. It helps every1 keep the beat, and to move to it

However, music is not good for MA training. People start to sacrifice technique and skill just to keep in time.

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)